Free 3D CAD program available til end of March

Discussion in 'Software' started by wunwinglow, Feb 22, 2007.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member . Click on the orange 'free' box, left bottom of the page, register and download.

I'm trying it out now. But at this price, it might be a bargain!!

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Cool, thanks! I like free!

Going to check it out, now.

3. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

I'm downloading it as I'm typing this. It's 86MB so if you have a slower connection, downloading it overnight may be the best for you. I had no problems registering it and received my confirmation e-mail seconds after I filled out the information form. I have VERY LITTLE experience in 3D packages so it will be interesting to see how intuitive the software is to learn and use. Wish me luck.

Ron Caudillo
  4. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

there is a little tutorial video that kicks off as soon as you open the program. One of my collegues at work had a play with the program at lunchtime today, and he was quite impressed. Usual problem is if you are used to a different program, having to unlearn and then relearn the commandscan be a bit frustrating. Take it slowly, do the tutorials and make sure you understand what is going on before you move on to the next step, and you will be fine! Just don't expect to be doing a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier as your first project!!

5. mbauer

mbauer Cardstock Model designer

Actually the sites says June 30, 2007 for the downloads to end!

Downloading now, been looking for something else besides AutoCAD.

Thank you for the link!

6. mbauer

mbauer Cardstock Model designer

After some checking I have some questions for those who have downloaded and used this program.
    -Is it possible to convert to .dxf or .dwg
    -Do you need the viewer or player to view print the files?
    -Did you also download the viewer and/or player or do you already have a program to deal with the .xvl files?

7. Dancooper

Dancooper Member

Well ofcourse not, the new Ronald Reagan is far cooler :)
  8. diamondback

diamondback Member

Anyone having any luck with this? I've been trying to tweak a SolidWorks IGS with it, and all it does is just let me look at the part without making my changes. It's like it's just sitting there TAUNTING me...
  9. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Just an update: There is a free webinar on cocreate next week. I've downloaded it but not tried it yet.