Free 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by NOBI, May 18, 2007.

1. Darwin

Darwin Member

Thanks again Nobi. Very nicely done.
  2. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Thank you so very much, NOBI!:)

Once again we are graced with a superb model from one of the great designers we are lucky enough to have as a member of our forum. I sure hope who ever builds this one would favor us all with a few photos.

I wonder what the next project might be...ever consider doing a WWI aircraft? Or between the wars bi-plane? Just some thoughts....

Thank you again!!

3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Very nice model Nobi! One question though, it looks like there are 2 sets of wings in the kit. Is there a reason or am I hallucinating!
  4. Alcides

Alcides Member

One set with the landing gear retracted and the other not ?
  5. Maharg

Maharg Member

Many thanks NOBI. :)
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks for the free model NOBI!!
  7. a6m

a6m Member

thank you , NOBI !!! :) :) :)
  8. Krzychu74

Krzychu74 Member

Thank you NOBI for beautiful Spitfire in polish painting. :)

Best Regard.
  9. cbg

cbg Member

thanks and a satisified customer

Thanks Nobi, again x 4.

This is my fourth free model I've downloaded from you and I feel a bit guilty. So I made a real purchase with Thaipaperwork and am looking forward to building the Ki-46 as well as the Spitfire.

I really enjoy your work.

10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Supermarine Spitfire Mk. IX C Model

THANKS, Nobi!

This is most generous. This is a fantastic model, with excellent detail and colors. It´s definately on the 'to do next-list', next to the superb Gotha Go. P60A Nurflügel/Flying wing model.

Blue skies! (as Dan San Abbott says)
    Bengt :D
  11. malachite

malachite Member

Many thanks

Thank you NOBI for yet another fantastic model and free to boot. Well done. I now need to live several lifetimes to complete my backlog of models.

RG WILLIAMS New Member

New Builder Spitfire Question

Thank you very much for the model. As a new builder this will be my first aircraft model.
    I did notice two sets of wings, one set narrow and the other wide. Is this a different model of the same aircraft? What is the best sequence to follow in building the model?

Thanks for the help,

RG Williams
  13. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

The Model Complete

Well, here's the model.

RG Williams, go as usual, first the fuselage (I go from middle to the rear then to front). Be careful with the wings. Two set of wings, one if you want to make it with landing gear, the other, without. I didn't success on the fairing much as I would. I also got lost on the wing tips a little. But it came up just fine.

14. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

The wheels I made them out of 2mm cardstock sandwich, then sand them round, then paint.

15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Two more pictures.

16. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thanks again, NOBI!!
  17. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Look great, Thank you very much to sharing pictures to us :)
  18. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Supermarine Spitfire Model

Hola, Gerardo,

A beautiful build, indeed! It looks so real with the slightly shiny card stock. You´ve done it again - you never seize to impress.

I have it printed now - I´ll try to find some time to build it, too.

All the best,
    Bengt :smile:
  19. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Beautiful is the word!! I never thought using gloss paper for cardmodel until I saw this :D
  20. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Just as expected to sir NOBI's excellent designs :-D