Fred & Red's Cafe

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by TrainNut, Apr 3, 2006.

1. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

So I was in a new hobby shop this weekend in Tucson and this little kit caught my eye. It is laser cut and the detail is... WOW! I only hope I can do it justice. I thought I would post my progress here little by little to be harassed by all... uhmmmm.... I mean to be enjoyed by all!
    Step one - go back to the hobby shop and purchase white and red for experimenting with my new airbrush. I figured I would get the main shell of the structure complete first and then spray the outside as opposed to painting and assembling (windows/doors/glazing) each piece at a time.

Attached Files:

2. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi TrainNut

I built several of there kits including the one you bought. There great kits so enjoy building it. Looking forward to your progress.

Ron :thumb: :wave: :wave:
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looking foward to seeing it being built. Keep us updated on it.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I accidentally came across this thread the other night and figured I better attach a finished picture for the masses that have anxiously been waiting the last two years!
  5. nachoman

nachoman Guest

That place is sure crowded with some fancy cars :D Nice work!

6. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I'm not seeing a picture? :confused:

Edit: Nevermind.... There it is. :mrgreen:

Awesome job.
    I just don't have the patience for those tiny little parts.

I'm getting mine from
  7. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

The local Z club held a car show to celebrate the grand opening!
  8. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That is a nifty kit! Looks great in that scene!
  9. jesso

jesso Member

That building turned out very nice and made for a great scene on your layout! I really like working with laser cut kits. They seem to very often turn out really well. Where did you get a the nice N scale cars?
  10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

Is the yellow railcar next to it the kitchen, the dining room or the "new annex"? :mrgreen:

Very nice!
  11. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Most of the cars in that scene came from the LHS. The pickup truck and some of the sedans are from Classic Metal Works while all of the Z cars and some of the other little Japanese looking ones came from Tomy.

Could be any of the above I guess but I rather envisioned it as the dining room since the main building is occupied mostly by the kitchen with just a small area up front for ordering. :rolleyes:
  12. Packers#1

Packers#1 Ultimate Packers Fan

nice work, I think I'll get one of those, I've got a good spot in mind.
  13. seanm

seanm Member

Must be a grand opening or they have the best posssum stew in town.