Frateschi 2.8 mm H0 tracks

TEP 60

Does whoever else produce such 2.8 mm H0 tracks and are transitions from 2.8 mm tracks to the standart 2.5 or 2.1 mm ones ever produced?

Are you talking about rail height with or without the ties? If you are only talking about the rail, you could pinch one end of a the rail joiner about half the length and solder the pinched portion to the bottom of the 2.1 or 2.5 rail and slide the 2.8 in normal fashion. If that isn't clear, I can do a quick drawing of what I'm talking about. :)

Greg

jetrock

Not sure what you mean by 2.8mm HO track--2.8mm would be about the equivalent of Code 110, whereas 2.5mm is roughly Code 100 and 2.1 is Code 83 (measurements in thousandths of an inch)?

I haven't seen any code higher than 100 used for HO track--it would be the equivalent of 220-250 pound rail, heavier than anything used on the prototype.

It should be possible to modify a standard Code 100 (2.5mm) joiner to meet the larger track--or you could solder a piece of 2.5mm to it while sitting on a .3mm shim to match heights.