Frank Lloyd Wright designs

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by motokid, Dec 29, 2006.

1. motokid

motokid New Member

First I wanted to say thank you to everyone for all of your participation on this site. This site works because of the comradery between all of the builders and designers. As a newbie, I am happy to have found you all so early in my paper modeling.

now on to the business of this post... I am seeking Frank Lloyd Wright design kits. I am particularly looking for his Falling Water home. If anyone knows where to find any of his designes, free or not, i would greatly appreciate it.

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

the mile high! forgot about that goody :)
  4. motokid

motokid New Member

Thank you for the links! you have been most helpful! keep them coming!
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Go for the Robie house available from Dover Books

and the Guggenheim New York Museum available from Schreiber

I will try to flesh out the FLW kits that i know of later today
  6. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Frank Lloyd Wright designed one house in Oregon. The Gordon House was saved from destruction several years ago and moved to a new location where it serves as a Tea House or something like that.

Anyway, I have good plans of the house and have been working on a kit for it. It will be finished someday, I hope 8v) But I doubt if it will be as good as the Robie House (I partied in that place one evening when I lived in Chicago) or Fallingwater.
  7. motokid

motokid New Member

i am aware of the gordon house! it is a pretty cool house, and i am glad that they saved it. i work for an architectural firm in portland so these architectural models are quite interesting for me! if you do get it finished, i would love to have a copy!!
  8. davelant

davelant Member

Find this book:

"Fallingwater: The Model," by Paul Bonfilio, Rizzoli International Publications Inc., Copyright 2000. ISBN 0-8478-2341-5

It's a small book, but shows the major steps in constructing a model of Fallingwater, with many detail photographs of the real thing, and some useful drawings. He didn't build it in paper, but it might give you some ideas.
  9. Liamladdie

Liamladdie New Member

Hi, motokid - there's a design firm in Portland...Linea Forma...who produced a very fine HO-scale kit of three San Francisco Painted Ladies in 1998, still available from them. 503-245-8400...728 SW Cheltenham St. May be the only kit they did; it's especially effective in the variety of widow treatments - shades or drapes in various positions, good shadow-casting. Worth checking out.
    And I assume you know of Paper Models Int'l. in Beaverton, the oldest and largest cardmodel seller in the US, SFAIK.
    The Dover Robie is a bit "bright" but the only could tone parts down with some chalks. Good hunting! Bill in Cincinnati.
  10. motokid

motokid New Member

Bill in Cincinnati,
    Thank you for this information!! I do know of PMI in Beaverton. Its nice to have such an incredible place so close to home (although maybe dangerous too.. lol)