Found another little light bulb

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Herc Driver, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Maybe you've already discovered this but I just figured this one out... my daughter's tooth brush came with a tiny rice sized light embedded in the handle. Two quick scoring cuts and it was out of the handle and ready for the layout. It comes with a replaceable battery pack, simple on/off switch and it cost less than $2.00. I don't know how much those little lights cost from a hobby store, or how durable they are, but this one will see new life somewhere on my layout (maybe at the end of a boxcar). So all you who have kids or grandkids...take a look at those tooth brushes, and kid's light-up shoes...those little lights inside just might be useful.:thumb:
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I took apart one of those terrible singing Christmas tree ornaments - yielded two green leds with circuitry to make them flash, a small motor, a 1" speaker, a SPST micro switch, a battery cage that takes two AA, and some plastic gearing. Now if I could just reprogram the sound chip with something other than "Rockin' around the Christmas Tree"... :rolleyes: