Fouga Magister

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by GT5500, Jul 13, 2006.

1. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Does anyone make a detailed kit of this plane? I have a very simple flying version but I would love a detailed model, its such a beautiful plane with its V-tail.
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

3. Texman

Texman Guest

I believe IAF magazine put one out.
  4. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Ooh that Wilhemshaven one looks quite nice, I can nenver find any of the IAF ones though I take it they are no longer available?
  5. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I believe that all that is left is what is on Ebay or via Moshe Lehmer. Moshe would be the person to contact.
  6. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

The IAF magazine's Fouga, is Whilhemshaven's with the IAF camouflage.
    It was printed in the late 1950's/early 1960's, and is now a collector's

Geli also has a Fouga.

7. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

GT5500, I built the Whilemshaven Fouga in the late 1960's and it makes a very nice model [as I remember]. The older Whilemshaven kits were hand drawn but build very nicely. I received a large stack of kits mhen a friend returned from his Army service in Germany and I am STILL building off the pile! If you can find the kit, I think you will be happy.
    Fred Z.
  8. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Anyone got a pic of the Geli kit?
  9. michik

michik Member

I have a GELI Magister in belgian livery at home (unbuilt). I could possibly post some shots tonight. In general, the print quality of GELI models is mediocre and the colouring somtimes is, well, let's call it strange. On the other hand they are inexpensive and not very hard to build. You might search for 'GELI' on www,, there are quite a lot of them shown. Furthermore, the company GELI has had some trouble during the last year, so availability might become a problem.

The Wilhelmshavener is available printed or (still!) on CD. I can't tell you whether the printed one is still an offset print or already a colour copy. At are some pictures of the built model.

Here links to all three models on Moduni:

10. michik

michik Member

11. David H

David H Member

I seem to have a dim recollection of the the Irish Airforce flying ex-Israeli examples. Anyone got a picture?

Did some one say they had a flying example? Free flight with a Rapier rocket?

DB :twisted:
  12. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Here ya go.
  13. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Thanks for all the help guys I didn't realise there was so many kits available, I just find it such a cool looking plane, kind of looks like a dolphin from the side!
  14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great pictures, Rick!

Thank you for the link!

15. David H

David H Member

My thanks too.

They do look cool and I am amazed they were still flying as late as '97. Silver and Aluminium... a nice combination.

16. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Sadly it seems that the Irish Air Corps is, like the RNZAF, out of the Fighter business now. Not a good idea imo, but then what do I know.