Formula One 2007 McLaren MP4-22

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Cláudio Dias, May 1, 2007.

1. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I just wanted to say thanks for this! I've printed and am currently making this model - I will post up my attempt at it when I'm done ;)
  2. Daniyal

Daniyal New Member

Hi Guyz,

Me new here but old to the site I'm having problems downloading stuff from the site now because i noticed 'the mirror' ( being used to host the files is blocked because of my ISP [Etisalat - Dubai]. I like this model and would appreciate it if any1 could send me the files for the McLaren MP4-22 through mail ( private me so that i can give email ).

If possible, i advise to change the host server ( or have other mirrors as well so that others in the same region can download other models in the future.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation.
  3. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

4. Daniyal

Daniyal New Member

Thanks Claudio for your support! This model is amazing! See thats why i joined this forum! Amazing models n amazing support! Thnx a lot for this model.

5. emcguire

emcguire New Member

Thanks for making the model available. I am working on it right now. It is difficult with all of the curves, but it is a beautiful model.
  6. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I was wondering if I could get a little help with parts C6L and R (step 82 and 83). I just can't get any feel for how these parts are oriented to attach. Any help would be nice.
    Thanks in advance ;)
  7. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Please, download a PDO file containing these parts details from

To view PDO file, you'll need Pepakura Viewer. Download it from Pepakura web site

Hope it helps!
  8. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Thanks - great help!
  9. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Well, I had fun working on this model, but this attempt isn't going to get finished. I left one of the wheels / tires out where one of my cats got to it. If I reprint the model I'll start from scratch to correct some of my build errors. Right now I've got other models I'd rather work on. So again, thanks for the fun build - and here's a picture of how she'll sit on the shelf in the basement.

Attached Files:

10. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you for sharing your photo!

It looks great! You know, cats and paper models are best friends!
  11. Javito10

Javito10 New Member

Thanks Claudio for this one and for all the other amazing models.:thumb:
  12. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Model no longer available

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I received an email message from McLaren requesting me to remove this model from

So, it's no longer available.

Here's a copy from the text I received:

13. Yea, I just saw the message on your site when I went there to download it. :cry:

They ask you to remove the model of your site, do they ask the same for sharing it by e-mail?
  14. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Well, I don't know...
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

No wonder I am a Scuderia Ferrari Fan. Guess the lawyers from the espionage scandal are working overtime.

Can you at least post built pictures of the model still???
  16. whulsey

whulsey New Member

Sorry to see that the licensing lawyers are lurking here also. That's been a real problem in the plastic models over the last few years. Everybody wanting so much licensing and royalties that race car models are getting hard to do and have to have 4 or 5 dollars added to the retail price to absorb everything.
  17. emcguire

emcguire New Member

It's a sad day when the lawyers shut down a man's creativity. I just feel lucky to have built this model before they ended the opportunity. THanks for making it available for as long as you could.
  18. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I'm afraid not.
  19. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

You all are welcome! Thank you for building and enjoying it!
  20. Do you want to send it, or not?