Former Steel Mill site..

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
Now, sadly, all that remains of the once bustling steel mill complex is weeds, an old bottle car, and a building that is gradually becoming an RIDC building. Crane is still in progress. 100% scratchbuilt, along with most everything elso on this layout.

Attachments

• duqind1b.jpg
    duqind1b.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 24
  • duqind2b.jpg
    duqind2b.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 29
  • duqwithpicb.jpg
    duqwithpicb.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 19

coaster

Jan 13, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I'm only glad you included the wall in the background as well as the overhead reference shots. I might not have believed they were models otherwise -- at least not at first (or even fifteenth) glance!

-- Paul

PS There's something about the scene (particularly the torn-up track and the utility poles still in place) that reminds me of the SP's long-abandoned Bayshore Yard out here . . .

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Fantastic! Abandoned industries are not often modeled but certainly are part of real life. I recognise the Union RR crane from their web site which I logged on a few times to get inspiration for my waterfront coal loading scene. Looks great!
Ralph

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
Comming from an area with quite a few abondoned mills I must say that looks very good. Unfortunetlly abandoned mills and factories are becomming all to common everywhere in this country.