Forgotten Project

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
We all have them.
Something we started, nothing was working out right, got disgusted, we gave up, and stuffed it on a shelf, and forgot all about it.
This is a pic, of my Athearn F59PHI, about six years on the said shelf.
Was going to paint and decal it like a New Haven DL-109.
Don't know what happened. Painted once, fell off the paint stand, and muffed up one side. Stirpped, repaint.Started to decal. First set of decals were'nt working. Stripped, repainted, started to re-decal......Well...You can see what happened(decals didn't work out well) disgusted!!!
Stuffed on said shelf......found six years later looking for something else.

Behind it you can see my latest project. Atlas SD-35 High Nose for the Southwick and Winsted.

Lets see and hear about your forgotten projects....That is if they didn't end up in the garbage can........

Attachments

• disgusted.jpg
    disgusted.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 10

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Back in July of 06, I had the hots to turn my brass United Mallet into a DCC engine with sound. After I took everything apart, I realized I was in way over my head. Since then, I put it mostly back together and for now, it just sits.
25606d1185329202t-dcp_3908.jpg

25607d1185329202t-dcp_3909.jpg

25608d1185329202t-dcp_3910.jpg

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
This is my project tray and it's been sitting in a corner of a closet for about three years now. This thread reminded me that it was there. So, I stuck the camera in the door, around the corner and popped off one slightly fuzzy picture. You can see...
1. A paper HO house that never quite got finished.
2. An HO coal tipple inspired from a vacation trip to Durango, CO and it is still under construction.
3. Next to the tipple are some N scale cars awaiting coupler conversions. I don't remember what's wrong with that Amtrak F40PH. I think it was in the process of becoming a dummy unit.
4. To the left of that is one HO boxcar kit and one HO caboose kit also awaiting completion.
5. In the foreground.... HEY!!! That's where that funnel went!

DCP_6290.jpg

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Wow! Talk about a thread that went nowhere! Does that mean that everybody is current on all their projects and nothing has been forgotten or shoved in a corner?

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Too many things to post pictures of, but here's my list:

Almost everything I have needs some amount of weathering.

A bunch of cars need better couplers. (This is going to be expensive.)

I need to continue to kitbash a building into something useful.

I just might take the whole layout apart and rebuild on the top of about 15 feet of shelves.

That's my short list of things to do...

Hey TrainNut - if that F40PH is a LifeLike unit with rapido couplers, you can change them to Microtrain's prebuilt coupler assembly really easily. I did it to both my F40's and they work well, and it's a lot easier than their recommended conversion.

Kanawha

Apr 1, 2007
Glendale, AZ
Yeah, also too many things to mention. Fortunately a good swap meet is a nice way to sell off aborted experiments in modeling. I'd take pics of the unfinished projects I have laying around, but my digital camera broke. :(