forgot address

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
I am using NCE powercab.
I have two related problems.
I reprogrammed a decoder a couple days ago and now I have forgotten the addresses I gave it:eek:ops:.
The bigger problem is when I try using the program track it says it cannot read the decoders cv's so I cannot reprogram the decoderwall1.
HELP!.
Forgot to say the decoder is a Soundtraxx dsd-100lc

Loren

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
I doesn't see anything. I tried to reset it and it said it couldn't read the cv's.
The decoder is working as far as sound goes.
I should explain this decoder was made stationary and is wired directly to the buss wires. It is not in a engine.

Loren

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Ok, it says in the manual that you can't read cv's if there's no motor hooked to the wires. It needs to have a load. I don't have a spare motor.
Would a resistor work?

Loren

baldwinjl

Apr 30, 2005
I think a resistor wold work. But, I think that you may be able to program whether the readback is successful or not. It would be worth a try, anyway.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Sorry for all the extra post.
I found a site where a person did the same thing but used a light bulb for a load:v8:
I will use that but make it removable and only attach it if I need to program. That way I won't have the bulb shining under the layout all the time.

Loren

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Loren im not sure if you got things working. I have been searching when I can for idea's but went back to work monday after my long break. If you have the nce system I would suggest joining the NCE user groop on Yahoo. Heres the link
NCE-DCC : NCE-DCC
Its free and thats all they talk about so it could be good for future topics. Let us know how its working out. Thanks

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Loren I wish I could have helped you more but its been a rough week so far. Monday was my first day back to work since my rotator cuff surgery and have not been able to get on computer as much this week. AND I started my final steps of physical therapy on monday using the weights. Man they are killing me. I have had thoughts about doing some kind of post in the DCC section that would be like a flow chart. Start with the system type NCE, DIGITRAX, CVP, BACHMANN....then have listings under each one for programing decoders, Websites for the manufacture, support forums. What you think guru:mrgreen:

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Also a after thought, as the pain pills kick in. Thats the neat thing about having a system that can do the computer interface. There is free software out there JMRI that lets you store what ever you program into a decoder and store it on your pc . If you have to do a reset you just call up the loco number and reprogram the decoder . I think NCE now has a usb computer interface that does this but dont quote me.