For Val and anyone else who's industries need steel coils....

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Ralph, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

...your order is ready! ;)

Attached Files:

2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Nice Ralph!

I just battered 4 gondos, so I can accept a few :D
  3. brakie

brakie Active Member

The C&HV has picked up a new customer that will be receiving steel coils.The M.J.Nash Corp located in the Jackson,Ohio Industrial Park(only in my N scale world)..This company manufactures steel grave vaults and is expected to received 20- 25 loads of steel a week..Steel had been received by truck for many years..
    There are plans to ship some loads some time in the future. :thumb: So M.J. Nash Corp may come calling to your steel manufacturing company. :thumb: :D
  4. siderod

siderod Member

How did you make those coils? Custom-cast or are they like small-gauge steel pipe?
  5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

very nicely set up ralph :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  6. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welllllll....there's this cannery on my layout buuuuut, it's kinda small. Can you part with about an 1/8 of a coil :rolleyes: ? Great shot :thumb:
  7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Brakie, that's a unique industry! Looking forward to hearing more!

Siderod, the coils are former mag wheels for model cars that I found in a bin at a liquiidator store for about a dime a piece. A little silver paint was all it took to turn them into coils. They are just slightly larger than commercially available HO coils but nicely fit in my gondolas.

Shaygetz, special orders don't upset us! :)
  8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

That's neat Ralph Now I need some in N scale
  9. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Very innovative, Ralph...they look great! :thumb:
  10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Really nice work Ralph and a great idea for the coil! I love that crane too - you done good!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

11. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Very innovative, Ralph -:thumb:

Now I have more things to look for at the flea market!:curse: One persons junk is another persons gold mine!!!!!