For Those Who Served

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Friday, Novemeber 11th is Veterans Day, Remembrance Day in Canada.
I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now. Start a thread where Gauge members can post pics of thier time in the military.But also, pics of family members too. Fathers, mothers, brothers, and sisters. Any family member who served, past or present.
Any veteran..no matter the country you call home.
Here's mine. Though, I never served during time of war, I was proud to serve my country. Proud of the job I did.

This is me.
3rd ABC
3rd Infantry Division
Gieblestadt Army Airfield
Germany Summer 1983

Attachments

• rambo Medium Web view.jpg
    rambo Medium Web view.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 17

Tad

We were Marne men at the same time.

I was stationed in Aschaffenburg with A Co. 4/64 Armor, redesignated A Co. 3/69 Armor from Nov. 1982 - Nov. 1984.

This was taken in southern Iraq in May of 1991, when I was the platoon sergeant of 1st Platoon, C Co. 4/67 Armor, 3rd Armored Division.

aaa.sized.jpg

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well here is a picture of my brother, currently in Iraq. This is him on a 50 Cal. Gun. He is in the 876th Engineer Batallion.

Attachments

• Jamie16.JPG
    Jamie16.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 12

Joepomp

Yankee Division WWII

This Company A 101 Engineer C Battalion Yankee Division. My dad is the guy with the beard. I once asked him why he had a beard, I thought it was against regulations. He said "I told them if they diden't like it they could court martial me, but they would have to take off the front". He said they never bothered him again. :D

Attachments

• WWII_Filtered_2.jpg
    WWII_Filtered_2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 15

doctorwayne

I have no pictures to post, even though I had an uncle who served in the RCAF during WWII and a cousin in the Merchant Marine in the Atlantic in the same war. Both survived, one still does. What I want to offer here is my thanks to all who gave either the best years of their lives or just plain gave their lives so that we could enjoy the freedom we do. I often wonder if those survivors still living are disappointed with what we've done with the gift they gave us.

Wayne

glenn railey

This particular thread hit a nerve. My son has served three tours in Iraq. He served a tour in Afanghistan. He is now in his fourth tour in Iraq. He is in the 82nd Airbourne from Fort Bragg, North Carolina. It is difficult every time you send your son. He says this is what he does. This is what you will get from everyone that serves. IT DOES NOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE WHAT HAPPENS.
This is from first hand experience.

Glenn from Locust Grove

I'm sorry, I have no pictures of myself in service, they were all lost :( .

So anyways, For those Serving, May you come Home safe, for Those of Us that Have served, Raise a Glass for those still serving.