For The Contest Organisers

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Shamus,
For a first go at organising you did very well my friend, it got off the ground at short notice and has produced good results.

Dave Hagan,
I suspect you have done a power of thinking behind the scenes and though you don't say much we know you're there and we sure appreciate your work.

Suggestions to avoid confusion:-
1) Whatever a contest subject or theme might be it should be titled "(the theme) Contest".
2) Announce the "Opening Date for Entries"
3) Announce the "Closing Date for Entries"
4) Announce the "Voting Start Date" with a link to the "results to date"
5) Announce the "Voting Close Date"
6) Stipulate the general meaning of the contest (ie explain briefly what is meant by "Computer Altered Pictures" etc)
7) Within the same thread thumbnails posted as they have been lately with links to the original sized photos. :)) save download times)
8) Still within the same thread but after the closing date for entries, post the voting list.

All this, I think would reduce the number of threads, keeping it nice and compact.
:) I think Dave has already had thoughts on how entries can be posted and organised. (Maybe even to introduce a new forum called "Contests"?

Personally, I derived much pleasure from the pictures of the two contests so far and give a big thanks for all directly involved in organising them.

Errol

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hey there BLUE EYES, you got it just about right, fancy doing the next one "Magic Photo contest":rolleyes::D:p :)
Playing apart, I think some of your idea's could be incorporated into the next one.. See what Dave can come up with

Shamus

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Yes, a BIG thanks for leting us do this. I had great fun even if I did'nt get a vote. :p :D .

I'm going to have to sit the magic photo contest out but that will give me time to put something together for the one after. Looks like it may be bridges and trestles.

t.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
I would also like to congratulate Shamus and Dave for all the effort and hard work! Job well done my friends! Now if you can make it so we can't see the vote results unless we vote maybe we can get more voter participation. t. don't feel like the "Lone Ranger" about having to sit out the next contest, I'll be sitting out the one after that I guess as I don't have any areas sceniced that have a bridge or trestle and won't have for at least another year or so. :D

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Tyson i'd say you owe your surveyer's a bonus for getting your road going this far without having to bridge something yet in your neck of the woods. :D

What about building a diarama. I know, it's alot of work for one photo.

I have done an about face in my new layout plan gone from hauling limestone on a branchline somewhere in the south, to large scale urban excavation uh.... hauling granite.
Anyway I'm building diarama's to see if I'm up to big city livin' and plan on using one of these.

t.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Shamus and Dave: Just a thought. What if you accepted entries from the first of the month to the 20th. Then did the voting till the end of the month. That way you could clear everything off when you started the next contest and save server space by not having contests and voting and entries for the next one all going at the same time???

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
I also think Shamus and Dave did a great job in getting the job done. I think we should also include RIMike with our thanks for volunteering his time and webspace in the second contest.

I might have to sit the proto type out since I cant find the picture I wanted to submit. HONEY Wheres them pictures of the train yard????:) :) :D