For MT's Only...Hpi That is...

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Twitch, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twitch

Twitch New Member

Hey Hey everybody!
    As you can read, I'm Twitch...I currently own an HPI Nitro MT.
    This topic is dedicated to everything about the HPI Nitro MT and MT2.
    Ask questions, Read posts, do what you want, just be cool...

TWi tcH
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

for people who want more info go here

http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

click on car and trucks and then the 3rd 1 down is the MT good luck. I myself don't have 1 but my uncle has a electric rs4, which are nice trucks!
  3. xerox

xerox Member

hey man my name is brian and i aint really a newb but i was woundering if you knew of some really good engine that would be good for torque because as i drove my mt2 i realized that the some of a #@$% had no torque so i waas woundering if you knew of some good engines and also if you knew a place where i can get a steel or aluminum spurgear also if your knew of some good race tracks anywhere in richmond hill because i found a bmx track but the bumps are soooooooo huge and i can't usually see the truck when it lands so if you can answer those questions thanks
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well robinson racing makes steel spur gears and im sure they do for the mt. As for tracks where is rickman hills like what state.. I will try and find some tracks for you.
  5. xerox

xerox Member

yo thanks for the info and i hope u can fine some rc tracks for also i was woundering do u know where i can find a used savage for cheep i tryed ebay but couldn't find what i wanted. thanks brian
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well ebay would be the only place I can think of. About tracks I asked what state that place is in and u dident answer...
  7. xerox

xerox Member

sorry i didn'ttell you i livein richmondhil ontario gta
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hmm well my resource (www.rccaraction.com) only has US tracks. Sorry bud I guess your best bet is to just surf around and you might find 1 that way
  9. xerox

xerox Member

yo thank for the info and i was woundering what would a c-vek exhaust do to my mt2 because i put one on but havent tryed it yet. thanks
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well besies that it makes a 1 of a kind sound that only c=vec offers.. im not to sure :D I belive, not sure on this tho, it creats more back pressure for the engine.
  11. xerox

xerox Member

yo i ran my mt2 with the c-vec and it was so hard to tune so i took it off intill i do research. thanks
  12. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well im sure once it is tuned rigth it will kcik butt!
  13. Twitch

Twitch New Member

Cvec pipes adjust mechanically, inside the pipe, to adjust the exhaust pulse.
  14. xerox

xerox Member

hey man i was just woundering about how can i fix my differentials in ther front and the back because it always breaks because the ring gears keeps breaking because the drive cups are too loose and i can't find a way to fix it and i even tryed to put spacers and it didn't work at all so then it broke again and also everytime i try to tune m7y engine it goes really hot and a lot of smoke comes out and i thought that it might be because it might have an air leak i don't know so if you can help that would be great thanks.
  15. Twitch

Twitch New Member

Well, I'll start with the engine, If I am correct, you have an MT2. The T-15 engine has A 2 needle carb, The low speed needle should be set flush with the carburator body. The high speed needle should start out with 3 turns out and lean accordingly. Also, how do you know it is running hot, do you have a temp gauge?, if not , try the water drop test, by placing a drop of water on the cooling head. If it takes less than 3 seconds you are running a bit too lean. Make very small adjustments to the needles at a time. make an adjustment, go drive it around, make an adjustment, go drive it around and so on.
    You shouldn't have any air leaks at this point of the cars life. My suggestion is to get a better engine. I assume that you have read the MT2 manual and section on tuning.How long have you been in ownership of a nitro r/c? As for your gears... First, I assume that you put grease on the gears...Second , That bumper on the front looks as if it may cause some problems. It looks as if it is directy connected to the front diff. So, if you ram into something with it at 40 mph , It is shoving the diff into the dogbone, which in turn jams the pinion into the ring gear, possibly cracking it while it is spinning at high speeds. BASICALLY...Jumping the mt2 into the sky , then smacking the ground nose first could cause some problems. For the rear diff, I am quite puzzled as to how you are breaking those gears. I have an MT 1 and I jump it onto my roof and back down, without breaking anything...I haven't broken a diff gear in my MT and I have had it for almost 3 years now.
    All I can think of to do is to put shims inbetween the diff case and the center cup, also try putting silicone O-rings in the cups themselves to help eliminate play. As a last resort, get the heavy duty gears...well, that's really all I can think of right now, I am really exhausted, Incredibly tired, I can't even hardly see what I am typing...Xerox, hit me back on the forum or my email, I hope at least some of this helped, tell me how it's going.
  16. Twitch

Twitch New Member

Whew!!! Glad I am done typing that....
  17. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

thats alot of typeing lol nice post :D
  18. xerox

xerox Member

thanks for theinfo but where can i get some good shimmings because i put some cheap one and they broke right away so i was woundering where i can get some.
  19. xerox

xerox Member

yo twitch whats up long time no talk yo i got some new parts for my truck i got a nitro racing clutch 20.99 and i got an air filter 7.50 and a 100cc fuel tank 18.99 and also last but not least aluminum front knuckles arm set.
    i was just woundering in the racing clutch there is three holes on near the opening one in the middle and one on the back which whole do i put it in because i lost my manuel so i was just woundering any info will be great thanks.
  20. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Hey, sounds like a nice truck. I used to have an original Nitro MT with the old .15fe engine. They are a vey fun truck and have quite a few after-market parts for it. Here is a link for you to the instruction manual on the HPI site. Hopefully it helps you out.

http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

Click instructions.
    Then click Kit instructions/manuals
    Then click Nitro MT2

There is the 44 page manual...i'm sure all the answers are there for ya....Hope this helped.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.