For jimmybeersa & other steam tractor fans

RailRon

Last weekend I visited a 'Steamfest' in eastern Switzerland. Apart from a few steam locomotives (I posted them here.) there was a beautiful steam tractor, driving a mechanical organ.

Jimmy, looking at your avatar picture I concluded that you like those critters. And of course there might be other steam roller and tractor fans. Here are a few pics for you.

Here a pic from behind...

Attachments

• dampftraktor 1a.jpg
    dampftraktor 1a.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 86

RailRon

A look over the steam engine and the feedwater pump.

Unfortunately the crowd was so tight that I couldn't get a full sideview of the tractor! :(

RailRon

Ooops - it's much better when I add the picture, too...

Attachments

• dampftraktor 2.jpg
    dampftraktor 2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 87

RailRon

And finally the beautiful organ which was driven by a transmission belt.

Attachments

• dampftraktor 3.jpg
    dampftraktor 3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 85
P

philip

steam tractors

Well I beat Jimmy on this one. Beautiful Photography! Thanks for sharing Ron. My Avatar is my great grandfathers tractor.

RailRon

Oh Philip, I'm so sorry that I didn't mention you.
As it seems I mixed up your avatar with Jimmy's (jimmybeersa's) picture in the 'A face behind the name' thread, where he rides behind a model steam tractor. Oh well, sometimes something gets mixed up in my little gray cells... :(

Just the same, I'm glad you found the pics and like them!

Ron

Partsman

Quality pictures, Ron.

I attend two or three steam shows a year, and I have yet to see one over here with a cover on the flywheel as on this roller. It really is amazing to see the large agricultural tractors in motion.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I saw this within a few minutes of arriving at my holiday cottage in England this past July... a very "English" moment...

Out for a drive on the public bridleway...

Andrew

Attachments

• 07030008 v2.jpg
    07030008 v2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 55
Steam Traction

RailRon ... many thanks for remembering me when posting those very fine photos I have driven several of the very same type (See my websight) Will add your pictures to my very big collection of steam traction pictures. Once had a hair raising moment in England ... Saw 52 Showmans engines in steam at the Dorsett Steam Fair which is held every year in August.Will post a picture later. If you have a close look at the front of the engine you will see the makers badge which is a prancing horse .The County Emblem of Kent. and a small scroll under it. I once found an a rusting steamroller in a field which had the makers Plates on the sides and that scroll but no horse, thirty years later in an electrical workshop on one of the Mines a chap opened his tool cupboard to get some thing for me and hanging in the back was the brass horse. hHe donated it to me and I now have it in my collection