????? for all the lionel post war guys

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by ozzy, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

1. ok, postwar alco engines, a few people has told me about a aftermarket front skirt that you can use to repair the shells with. but knowone seems to know who makes them or where to get them. can anyone help me with this? i have lots of shells here with perfict paint and lettering . but the darn skirt is broke, i would like to save them if i can, i been looking at good shells on ebay , but hate to pay 30.00 or 40.00 just to cut the skirt off to save a " harder to find" road name/number shell.

2. are the 2032 alco's single or dual motors?
  2. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Not sure this is going to help. :D I made one from sheet metal. My Alco 220 came with one and I made a paper patern from it and cut one from roof flashing and painted it to match.

As to the heavy frame 2032 Alco, IIRC it had one motor. It's been too long since I've had that one out and running to be sure. I do know it was a good puller and one of my favorite Alco's.

3. acflyer322

acflyer322 New Member

Hey Ozzy,
    Have you tried Olsens trains parts? I would call them because if you try to locate them on their site it may be a problem. They have a large selections of pre-war and postwar Lionel parts. Also you may want to give Hobbie surplus a shot too they also have a large selections of parts. I had purchased a pair of repair skirts on Ebay a long time ago but I haven't seen any on there since. I had a pair of UP units I was selling and needed to repair the skirts. Good luck in your hunt, acflyer322
  4. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i got 6 on the way from hobby surplus, i dont need that many right now but i figured i will have some already here if i pick up anymore engines that have broken skirts. i like to pick up non running engines and get them going again. most times all they need is cleaned and oiled. sometimes i end up with more $$$ in an engine then it will ever be worth but thats all right. i dont do it to make money, i dont even try to sell most of them, i just like to save them from the trash, front skirt may be repaired on some, but they still look good running around my layout!

5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I see I'm a little late but Hobby Surplus would of been one of my first thoughts. They are ok in my book and have helped me rebuild a lot of my post war rolling stock.

They ship very fast!
  6. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I used to buy rocket stuff from them until I gave up rockets and went back to trains.