follow up to doctor wayne's layout tour

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello everyone---not too long ago,the good doctor posted an excellent thread of a tour of his layout.i've been priveleged to have visited "wayne's world" on many occassions and can personally attest to his outstanding skills and craftsmanship.whenever i get an invite,i always bring my camera and literally take pictures till the batteries wear out.there are so many great scenes to do some train watching.here's a couple of shots of cnr #4100 crossing the speed river heading to south cayuga---hope you enjoy as much as i always do---thanks again doc

21062006025-1.jpg

21062006030.jpg

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
i always love seein pics of the Docs layout and Nutbars CN steam,it goes together like... PB&J....hey,that would make a cool RR name!!!--josh

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Man, cn nutbar, you make me so jealous! I wanna run on DocWayne's layout too!!!

Great photos!

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
If the truth be told, there's usually more picture taking than running trains going on when Professor Nutbar visits, and plenty of talking, too. :grin: :grin: Always an enjoyable evening, though. :thumb: :thumb: The trains do run, but usually just to the next photo location. :lol: :lol:
By the way, all but one of the photos in the Layout (room) tour... have been put back into the thread.
I will be restoring the photos in many of my other threads, too, but that may take some time. I'll post an update, with links, when those are ready for viewing.

Wayne

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
The trains do run, but usually just to the next photo location. :lol: :lol:

it so he can show us what were missing! LOL,i would take alot of pics too if i saw modeling that good! id want it as a guideline for my layout!--josh

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello all---thanks for the responses---glad to see that triplex is getting to appreciate cn's steam locomotives and their distinct features---here's mikado #3254,one of my favourite engines

15333001.jpg

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello again---here's consolidation #2747 using the sepia mode---i think it helps to highlight the details---check out the front end for the cn features

trueline67065012.jpg

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello all---of all the locations on doctor wayne's layout,i think i like the bridge and water scenes the most---here's a sampling for your review

a couple of cn mikes crossing the maitland river heading towards lowbanks
260406057.jpg

#5626 entering the outskirts of lowbanks
31052006019.jpg

chippewa creek heading to elfrida
2005047-1.jpg

#4100 leaving lowbanks
21062006005.jpg

Fluesheet

Jan 22, 2006
Central Ohio
I have to admit that I was glad to have found the gauge simply because of the serious steam modelers here. As younger modelers enter the hobby, they model, more and more, the diesel era. And while I very much appreciate the fine work that goes into many of these more modern layouts (and recognize that, dammit, diesels have significant functional advantages over steam even in our model world :) ), I have been and always will be a steam buff.

For that reason, thanks for the photos above. Your and doctorwaynes locomotives, knowledge of the detail that makes steam look "right" and of course the modeling of their era is invigorating! Doctorwayne's concept of a "family" look to his engines has in particular gotten me rubbing my chin...