Fokker Friendship F 27, liveries?

• Thread starter Diderick A. den Bakker
  • Start date
D

Diderick A. den Bakker

We (www.zeistbouwplaten.nl, Paper Trade Holland) are working on a new F 27. It will represent the first commercial plane, flown by Dutch local air service NLM.
We are exploring the possibility to offer the model with alternative liveries, but we need to know what you would like. Also, we need colour schemes - not just side views, but complete data: top / bottom, markings etc. Any help and suggestions are more than welcome!

GarageSymfony

When I was a kid I used to fly on Hughes Airwest from Spokane to Lewiston, ID to see my grandparents. During the early 1970s the aircraft used was a Fairchild F-27, the US built version. I have always had a liking for that plane in those colors.

Thanks,

D

Diderick A. den Bakker

Hughes Airwest Fairchild / Fokker F27

Good news for you: our Fokker Friendship / Fairchild F27 is nearly finished, and we will be making an Airwest version available as well. Digital print if I get at least 10 reservations for this, for lower numbers either laserprints or downloadable version. Price will be 20 EUR for printed versions, 15 EUR for download. It will be available by mid July. A 'white' version will also become available, so that people can add their own chosen livery.

The picture shows a prototype. The 1:50 model will have highly detailed landing gear and moveable flaps, but can also built in a simpler version.
More information and pictures on my website, www.zeistbouwplaten.nl. Please mail me if you would like to reserve a copy, preferably via my site, or via this thread?

Attachments

• Motorgondel3.JPG
    Motorgondel3.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 196
Z

Zathros

The Fokker/Fairchild is awesome. The picture got me for a couple of seconds, had to take off the glasses. Nice job. Great balance on the nose work (structural), as far as fit and finish.

D

Diderick A. den Bakker

Fokker F 27 and G-1 now available

Glad to be able to announce that the Fokker / Fairchild F 27 Friendship (Dutch NLM version) is now available in print, and for overseas customers also as downloads. Other Paper Trade models can also be sent as downloads, on request. Please go to my website for further details (www.zeistbouwplaten.nl), or send me a private mail via the forum.
Hughes Air West and blank versions will follow later this week.

Attachments

• F27model,1.jpg
    F27model,1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 13

peter taft

She's a lovely looking plane, and the model looks brilliant - just one thing.... isn't she a wee bit close to the ground, or is that just the angle of the shot that makes her appear this way ? Great build of a fine aircraft :thumb:

D

Diderick A. den Bakker

The distance to the ground is exactly to scale. It is just that you hardly ever come across a picture of the F 27 on the platform, close up...
By the way, Airwest and blank versions are now available as well. For more downloadable Paper Trade models, see my website.

Z

Zathros

For the airplane to be that close to the ground, the struts would have to be completely compressed. I have refueled these aircraft. They have a distinctive "tail up" look to them. An easy fix though, just make longer oleo struts! Beautiful model though, very convincing!

Attachments

• Fokker.jpg
    Fokker.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 12