Fokker E.V (D.VIII) stripdown : finished the model

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Mark_1984, May 13, 2008.

1. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I've recently finished the der Kampfflieger Fokker E.V (D.VIII) stripdown model. Here are some photos of the finished model.

It's a crackin little model. A very clean laser cut kit, with some very small parts. As you can see, the result is pretty good.

I did do a build thread which can be seen on the UK Paper Models forum. UK Paper Models supplied the kit and the service I've had from them has been faultless.

Hereis a link to the build thread
    UK Paper Models • View topic - Fokker E.V (D.VIII) stripdown build thread
  2. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Great job Mark! I've always liked this type of model, being able to see the bones so to speak.
  3. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Mark_1984,

Great Job :D

I have one of these down to just the wing to do :p I got sidetracked badly on this one :( Your build has me thinking how close I am to finishing it up.

4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Fokker E.V/D.VIII 'Flying Razor' Stripdown Model 1:72 Scale

Hey Mark,

What an amazingly clean and good-looking build. Another historically interesting and very fine model by 1:72 scale WW I airplane card model master Roman Vasilyev. I am just going to have to buy it very soon . . .

This is my Nr.1 WW I favourite airplane - the fast and agile 'Flying Razor' D.VIII monoplane, which got off to such a bad start due to poor workmanship of the all-wooden cantilever parasol wing.
    According to legend, it is supposedly the plane with the last 'kill' in WW I, before the end of the fighting and the armistice in 1918.

A truly historical model and a very precise build indeed in this scale - superb work.

All the best,
    Bengt :thumb:
  5. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Very nice model! Thanks for sharing.
  6. exzealot

exzealot Member

Pretty cool looking!

7. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Very nicely done! Bravo!