Fokker Dr I (Black Colour) by Orlik, 1:33

Andy Nase

Hello,

this is one of the famous plane of the germans. The Dr I was also flown by Manfred von Richthofen (der rote Baron) coloured in red. Everyone is glueing his fighter, so I wanted to do something different. And when I saw the black one, I was in love to it.

My plane was flown by Lt. Josef Jacobs. He put a engine of a gundowned Sopwith Camel in his machine. And gave everyone, who brought a functional one a special present (champagne etc.). The figur at the side should be the god of the northwind. He got the Pour le Merite medal.

Enjoy it!

Fokker Dr I (schwarz) 071_kartonbau.jpg

Fokker Dr I (schwarz) 077_kartonbau.jpg

Fokker Dr I (schwarz) 078_kartonbau.jpg

Fokker Dr I (schwarz) 080_kartonbau.jpg

Fokker Dr I (schwarz) 081_kartonbau.jpg

Fokker Dr I (schwarz) 082_kartonbau.jpg

Fokker Dr I (schwarz) 084_kartonbau.jpg

Fokker Dr I (schwarz) 091_kartonbau.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Beautiful model. Of course, that tidbit of History now makes me want to research that. I wonder how it flew with the Sopwith engine? Great model, and info. The cockpit details are superb! :)

Andy Nase

Both engines, the Oberursel and the Clerget engine ( I forgot the other one which was used), were rotary engines. This means the propeller and the engine rotated together. I don't know who, but somebody copied the engine of the another. So the dimensions were nearly the same.

No normal Oil could work in this engine, except one: castor oil. This one had a good grease effect. But during flight and fight the pilot got a lot in his face, because the exhaust was in front of him. And sometimes it had a bad spillover effect. Think, you know what I mean :D

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Both engines, the Oberursel and the Clerget engine ( I forgot the other one which was used), were rotary engines. This means the propeller and the engine rotated together. I don't know who, but somebody copied the engine of the another. So the dimensions were nearly the same.

No normal Oil could work in this engine, except one: castor oil. This one had a good grease effect. But during flight and fight the pilot got a lot in his face, because the exhaust was in front of him. And sometimes it had a bad spillover effect. Think, you know what I mean :D

Yes!! The Castor Oil fumes breathed in had side effects of gastric proportions!

Andy Nase

Hello Rogerio Silva,

Do you mean the parts int the Cockpit? It is brazen wire (0,8mm - 1 mm thickness) painted with Revell Aqua Color (Aluminium I think). I glued the wire with superglue together. There are patterns for some parts in the kit. All of my doublewinged planes have wire parts. The grease gun you see at the right side (last picture) is made of Paper and Wire. The steering rope are 0,1 mm thick wire, I found in my kitchen for freezer bags to close. I show you a photo later.

Regards Andy