Fokker Dr-1 Large Scale Kits?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by wyverns4, May 24, 2006.

1. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

I was looking at Orlik's 1/25 scale S.E.5a, my ALL Time favorite WWI plane, and got to wondering. Are there any 1/25 scale Dr-1's out there? Since I'm wearing tri-focal glasses now, I really need to build at a larger scale to get maximum enjoyment out of my efforts. I figure WWI planes at 1/25 scale would be a nice combination. Failing finding a Dr-1 at this scale, how difficult would it be to enlarge a 1/33 kit, and would Kinko's Copies be able/be willing to do it?
  2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Large Size Fokker Dr. I paper Model

Hi Rick,

Here´s what I did:
    I ordered a 1:33 PDF model over the web from Roman Seißler ("morewings" in this forum, by the way) at the Sero-Papermodels site in Germany.
    If you then have access to a large printer, for example A3 size, or a local print shop nearby that can handle PDF files, you can decide the size yourself!
    A3 paper size will automatically give you 1:24 scale from original 1.33 scale scanned sheets or directly from PDFs.

I mostly print my models onto A3 size (297 by 420 mm) because of poor eyesight, and because I like larger card models!

Try this link (in English) for the finest Dr. I models available, in my opinion:

best regards,