Fokker D-VII... 1/33

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by eatcrow2, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

finishing the bottom wings

Thanks Jim... All credit has to go to the designer, as all I have to do is not screw it up...;-)

Here I've glued the bottom wing to the fuslage.. Sure do like the look of the lozenge camo scheme.
  2. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

i agree, looks pretty cool, good job on her! Will be watching anxiously for you about adding that pesky top wing. One of the biggest reasons that I build more modern aircraft!
  3. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Louvers & tail assembly

Have added the louvers to the engine panels, and glued on the tail assembly.

4. Clashster

Clashster Member

Great job, Peter! Especially like the photos of the louvers - they look absolutley real! Thanks for the update!

5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Beautiful work, Peter!

Keep at it, mate!

6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Very nice work, Peter!
    The little details are fantastic!
    Those are the parts that really bring a build to life!

7. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Hi Carl...
    Yes, the louvers really help in giving a more realistic look to the model.. The lozenge IMO is some of the best I've seen on a cardmodel.. Matches up well with some old "Americal Decal sheets" that I still have from the plastic days, and I always thought they were the top of the line for being well researched. With all the wide options of colorings for the Fokkers, it would be nice to see some more releases of this kit in other markings.

Have completed the top wing... Everything fit without any problem.

frames for the wing..
    completed wing..
  8. Rev

Rev Member

Nice job.
  9. Buki

Buki Member

Excellent :grin: ...
    The only mistake: Kartonowa kolekcja is the name of new quarterly (journal) :twisted:
    The business name of publisher is Profile :oops:
  10. CharlieB

CharlieB Member

Beautiful build Peter. I wish I had my new monitor so I can see the actual colors.

11. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Hello Buki... Believe me, by the time I'm finished that will not be the "only" mistake...;-)

Made up all the control surfaces, but will add them later once I have the top wing mounted.
  12. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

A study in patience....
    What I'm messing around with while I'm waiting on some stiff wire I need for struts.. Curious to see if anyone would guess what kit this is from, what I've done..;-)
  13. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Helps to include the pic...
  14. I need a Pin up girl. . .

stiff wire

the project looks cool, some type of pre 1917 plane?
    I did an experiment with a plane I built called the Travel Air Mystery Ship from It takes a lot of wire. I tried several diffrent things and I settled on carbon fiber rod. Just a thought for you, plus depending on the scale the thickness's available might not work. . .
  15. Jim Krauzlis

Not sure which airplane this is, since I'm not that familiar with aircraft (perhaps an FE2?) but it's obviously an excellent build!

Will you treat us to more pictures of this build?

16. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Jim... they are over here.
  17. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks, Peter!
    As expected, I was wrong.:grin:

Superb build!

18. lv4142003

lv4142003 Member

Peter, how is the build coming along? <lv4142003>

NULLMOON Member

is it just me or am i seeing double and the begining of this thread:confused:
    gotta love ww1 camo
  20. lv4142003

lv4142003 Member

Eat... how is the build going? It really looks good so far. Did you get the wire you were looking for for the struts? <lv414203>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.