Fokker 50

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Jimi, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Jimi

Jimi Member

oh hi! the airport? well, be having the final edit done after my instructor approves the layout. but hehehe. just finished draughting the runway and probably, i'd had the thing plotted in autocad on friday. only then will we have the model constructed. sigh. i sure hope to complete ALL my projects in time. :?
  2. Jimi

Jimi Member

Hi all. sorry that i wasnt able to post updates bout the fokker 50 for a while. been doing a lot of projects (aircraft design, airport design, feasibility study and even Physical education 3! :? i just finished reinstalling windows on my pc and hopefully, after a week or two, after the final exams, i'd start work on the f-50 again. :) school's breaking me down (i got a slight fever and i feel really sick.) it's my last few weeks as a student after 20 years of studying. :) And probably on may, start my on the job training at either Phil. Airlines, Lufthansa Technik or Cebu Pacific Air. :)
  3. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Hi there!

wow, your'e graduating?

Congrats! :wink:
  4. Jimi

Jimi Member

Hi all. Sorry that i wasnt able to post about my 3d build of the fokker for quite some time. :( been very busy of the past 2 weeks completing 4 projects but fortunately, i have finished all except one. the feasibiity study. :( Just submitted the 3d model of the aircraft i designed (the terra firma) and fortunately, my instructor for design class was very impressed 8) hehehe. And it was the only cardmodel. my classmates had their designs built using wood. I have to say that this hobby is very cheap. so cheap that the display case i built to prevent my classmates from mashing my card aircraft was more expensive. :shock:

Anyway, here's the 3d flightdeck of my fokker 50. no instruments yet. hope to get or build from scratch a good instrument panel. 8) anyone know where to get good instrument panel pics? :)
  5. Richard

Richard Member

6. Hans Christian

Looking good pre!!! :wink:
  7. Hans Christian

Well, that's the advantage of our hobby :wink:
  8. Jimi

Jimi Member

Hi all. just finished building the de-icing boots on the wing & stabilizers. it's now starting to look like a phil. airlines bird.. :D I have to try looking for fokker pictures here at home so that i could get this plane's paint scheme accurately. The yellow sun thingy is still not present on the tail. Since this week is holy week, i sure hope to get more time modeling.. :wink:

I dunno. what do you guys think? there's a school here that offers to teach corel 11. i have to choose. should i go to school to study the program OR buy a book instead. both have their pros and cons though. :(
  9. Falcon

Falcon Member

Hi Jimmy,
    Cool looking Focker. Buy a good book and study CorelDraw (learning by doing is often better) well,that's at least my opinion.

Falcon :D
  10. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Jimi, get the book and ask questions here. There are lots of us who use the program, not just for card models but other stuff too. You can learn at your own pace then, as well.

Tim P
  11. Hans Christian

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Your plane just keeps getting better & better :wink:
  12. Jimi

Jimi Member

hey all. just started to unroll my fokker. :) startin with, the flightdeck. was surprised by the number of parts.. :D hehehe
  13. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Wow Jimi, the whole plane looks terrific. I can't wait to see the finished plane with colors and all. It will be jaw dropping if you keep designing the way you have.
  14. Jimi

Jimi Member

Sigh, it has been a month since I stopped work on the fokker 50. I just graduated this march and since it’s tough to get an aviation related job here in the Philippines, for the past several weeks, I was busy passing my resume to the different aviation companies here in Manila (total number of resume passed: 12 ). Yesterday, me and my buddy went to the former Clark Air Base in Pampanga to pass our resumes at South East Asian Airlines (a company owned by the grandson of Claude Dornier). Unlike my colleagues who were told to just leave their resume at the guard, we were lucky enough to get a chance to take a pre-employment exam (the reason, I don’t know why). I just now hope to pass the exam and if all the planets are aligned, maybe work in that company as a regular employee. And probably, after a year, go to flight school to study flying. I now have to focus on my career. Though I believe that im still young, I have to get work soon to relieve my parents of the burden that have to undertake to take care of me and stuff. :?

I have been busy unrolling the fuselage and the livery of the PAL F-50 a few hours ago to make up for lost time. I sure hope to finish this bird before November. :?
  15. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Fingers crossed for that job, Jimi!

Tim P
  16. Hans Christian

It's been a while!!!

Keep it coming! :wink: