Fokker 50

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Jimi, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Jimi

Jimi Member

Philippine Airlines Livery.. :) This plane has to be the one that i had a lot of fun memories in when i was young. We used to ride f-50's when going to our province (general santos city). Dad flew this machine when he worked in that company. Got to talk to dad about the incident when his engine caught fire on takeoff. Luckily, he was able to put out the flames and landed the plane safely.

If all goes well, i might post this bird in the parts bin. I'd post it as a blank for those who wish to modify it (it can be modified to become a fokker 60 or a fokker 27) The format will be in autocad. :)
  2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Wow, thanks for making it available for us!!! Oh and, please post also the PAL Livery when done!

Thanks kababayan!!! :wink:
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Jimi,

Looking good!!!

Have I missed it?.......... What scale are you going to build it in?
  4. Jimi

Jimi Member

Just added the doors. will probably do the sections on sunday.. :D and the engines after 2 weeks (again, tight schedule). Once im through with the 3d build, it's only when i'd start making the build.

Bowdenja- I was planning to do it 1:30 but it was kinda large. so, i decided to use the scale nobi used for the C-130 which is 1:44. hehehe.
  5. Atomsk

Atomsk Member

You're not the only one with the urge to do an airliner. Here's the beginning of the SAAB2000, that I'm working on in Rhino.
  6. Jimi

Jimi Member

It's nice to know im not alone.. :)

Atomsk- So, what's the livery do you plan to do the aircraft in. Anyway, it's really nice . :D

Oh yeah, the best place i know to look for airliner details are at a very excellent site! :)
  7. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Jimi,

I like your fokker Jimi, look like Rhino is a good friend of papermodeler :D
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Jimi,

I'm currently working on Nobi's C-130, and I love that scale for the larger planes.

The larger parts are easier to work with. :D

I am looking forward to this build too! Thanks for all your efforts, it really is looking wonderful.

Atomsk: Yours is looking really good too! :D

Y'all are going make me get off my duff and start learning how to do this myself. :shock:
  9. Jimi

Jimi Member

Just finished this this morning. had skipped my first class after i got into a small accident after waking up. And the wound is tremendously painful. :( (im quite clumsy). Anyway, the engines. I really love the sound of the engines. reminds me of a large bumblebee and like the dash 7, you can basically stand up a few meters away while running it up unlike the LET 410 and CN-235 which is kinda noisy. despite being smaller. :?
  10. Hans Christian

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

my scissors are getting itchy... :lol:
  11. Jimi

Jimi Member

The landing gear doors open. :D not really that hard but i believe i'd have difficulty when building the sections of the engine. anyway, here's what i finished a few moments ago. Though obvious, it's easier to build a plane in half. not only it will be faster but also less confusing.
  12. Hans Christian

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

oh no... now my hobby knives are getting itchy to... :lol:
  13. Jimi

Jimi Member

Nothing much tonight. just did the flaps and aileron. It's easy if you build the wings as a single piece but as what i learned with the terra firma, making them seperate adds some dimension to the parts and hence, more realistic. i initially wanted this part to be a bit complicated but the boring-easy topic was indeed an eye opener. It sort of told me that a very complex build would make assembly difficult even frustrating. Still not the one piece wing but tapering the edges of the aileron and flaps (and next time, the H and V stabilizers) sure does add some depth. I sure hope to finish the basic parts of the exterior and start detailing it by february.
  14. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

This is really looking great so far. It will be neat to see how well it goes from computer to paper. Keep it up and you should have a VERY! nice model :D
  15. Jimi

Jimi Member

Finished all the control surfaces! (yahoo!) I was planning to put trim tabs and control tabs but again, too complicated. :D Just the right amount of detail. Im thinking of what to do next. I'd be going to lubang island, mindoro on sunday to run up twin engine planes (school requirements) for three days. Sigh. no modeling, no bmx and nothing to do there except walk on the shore of the beach resort and pick up seashells on breaks. :(
  16. Hans Christian

wow... I'm amazed you're doing that for a school requirement, for me, its like studying and playing at the same time :wink:

and from the prevs, that fokker (I think) will be the best detailed model compared to other paper & plastic offerings :wink:

Keep it up kababayan, show them what pinoys are good at! :wink: :wink: :wink:
  17. Jimi

Jimi Member

Hans- The aircraft runup and taxi is fun. but the price is very steep (about Php 6,500.00). The bad part is, we are only limited to staying in the school's resort and the airstrip. No outside forays downtown, no night out and no drinking :?. Lubang island is a very beautiful place. I prefer it over Boracay. The only things that i do there since i dont play basketball and billards are hang out at the breakwater to observe the very beautiful marine life and write poems. We are luckier compared to the Aircraft maintenance technicians, tourism and flying students. They are required to go on tour to Kalibo-Boracay-Cebu (i dont know why). which costs about Php. 20,000!! :shock: And of course, even if i use my airline benefits (dad works at cebu pacific), I wont be able to apply for a discount. :shock:
  18. Hans Christian

I don't mind staying at a resort & airstrip (for me its heaven :wink: )

Poems? About what? School? Flight? Models? A "special someone"?

Nah, just jokin! :wink:

Hey, although its still this november, I'm planning to display some card models in our upcoming IPMS Nationals, and your Fokker will be the one in the "fronlines" :wink: along with some cars, planes & spacecraft

anyways, have fun with your activities! :wink:
  19. Jimi

Jimi Member

Since my planned fuselage is hollow, i worried at first that the sections might deform under the "stress" of the skin. maybe not. I rememberd something when i was building and designing paper gliders of the "whitewings" type when i was a kid (check out ). Dr. Ninomiya said, "Paper like wood has grain and generally, the direction against the grain has a very weak bending strength than the direction with the grain". So, with this in mind, aside from using two illustration boards for the fuselage sections, i'd be sticking with this design. :D not yet complete though. I think i'd be finished with all the sections by next week. :)

Hans- I write poems bout anything that stirs my feeble mind. from "her" up to the geeky person in school that allows himself to be pushed around. I wrote two poems in lubang. one is entitled "setting sun" which is about death and "Life of a Thong" but the reason for me writing that?! it's a secret. took me 30 minutes to write that painful poem. :(

I'd try to finish this plane as early as possible. :)
  20. Hans Christian

You write that fast? I took about an hour just to think what I'm going to write on my first stanza! :lol:

Looking good for the fokker! Hey, what are you planning for that landing gear strut? :wink: