Foam madness.

Goattee

Feb 12, 2004
Walls, MS
Visit site
Hi Gang!
I just got back from a foraging trip to Lowes and Home Depot.
It seems they don’t carry the blue or pink foam. Oh they have the thin (1/4”) but not the thick. The reason they gave was it was too fragile and the stock got broke up before it was sold. Almost word for word as if they had rehearsed the speech. Will try other places next week. One guy listing to a clerk and I said to try a rubber supply house. Some one handles the stuff because I bought it a few years ago. Oh Well just vent my flustrations!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Try a building material supplier that sells masonary stuff. Home Depot here in the Phoenix area never carried it, and I did find some blue stuff at one Lowe's store, but there is a store that has a few branches around town that sells a lot of morter, sand, bricks and the likes. Some stucco companies use the extruded foam, so they stock it.

F

Fred_M

Strange but our Lowes have 1/2, 1, 2, and 3 in stock. But you ask them for homasote and they look at you like you lost you mind. Must be one of them "part of the country" things. FRED

Goattee

Feb 12, 2004
Walls, MS
Visit site
David;
Thats Sippy, not MIn-E-So-Ta :-

Oh yes we need it for both, you know it gets realy cold down here it got in the upper teens this wenter. We almost froze.
But just wait until August when its 98 and 100% humidity.
Got to love it.