FM infant Trainmaster

Ray Marinaccio

I combined an old Athearn Hustler chassis and a butchered Trainmaster shell from a junk box to come up with this.

Attachments

• oct25#06.jpg
    oct25#06.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 238

belg

Ray that is a very nice looking kitbash! I'm scared to pull a chassis of a loco to check for lube or debris,I don't think I'll ever have enough chops to attempt something like this.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Yeah Ray, up to your usual high standards of workmanship and imagination. Some day I'm coming up there and see how you do these things.:) :)

Don

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Ray,
That do put the "baby" in baby trainmaster!:D :D
Take the cab off, and you'd have a neat lookin hustler "B" unit.

a hustler B unit..................hmmmmmm.

Ray Marinaccio

Thanks everyone.
Pete, Do you mean something like this? It's something I built back in the 70s. I think it's do for a rebuild.

Attachments

• oct26#22.jpg
    oct26#22.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 181

jon-monon

Originally posted by belg
Ray that is a very nice looking kitbash! I'm scared to pull a chassis of a loco to check for lube or debris,I don't think I'll ever have enough chops to attempt something like this.

You can usually get the Hustlers and AHM Plymouths on ebay for chump change, which really take the teeth outa your first engine bash. :D :D :D

Ray Marinaccio

Thanks again.
Jon, all my Hustlers are the old style belt drives with the pointed axle ends and the Hi-F motor that the ernst regear kits won't fit. I have one of the kits and was thinking of modifying it to fit, just haven't got around to it yet.
I agree that if you want to get into bashing locos, to get some of these cheap trainset locos and have at it. If you screw up, throw it in the parts box, no loss. I've screwed up my share of them, But learned a lot from it.
I'm not sure why the photo turned out like that. Not all the ones I took that night did that. ?

Lighthorseman

I Love It!

Ray, I just had to laugh out loud when I saw that. Hope you don't mind. An absolutely hilarious tongue-in-cheek model...but one so beautifully done that it actually "coulda been".

Like Shamus, I am seriously wondering about the On30 possibilities. Just a larger cab, and...

Ray Marinaccio

Glad you enjoyed it Steve. I like to build "what if' models once in a while to break up the manotiny of counting rivits and such.
If you think it's funny looking standing alone, you should see it being dwarfed by the cars that it's pulling.
Because of the long wheel base the Hustler has I think it would be a great base for an On30 loco. I'd definitly install the Ernst gear kit .