Flymodel, Lockheed P-38 "Lightning", 1:33

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Mindaugas, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Long ago, I have showed some progress pics on forum of this model. Maybe someone saw them? If I am not mistaken, it was in Malo's topic about Flymodel's P-38 preview. But now it is fully complete. It even has a diorama now.
    This was a model for our first lithuanian contest (aka "Group Build") and I won a prize. Now I have entered the model to the russian contest also. It is called "Dishow 2006" It is a very tough contest, because models in there are so awesome. But still I'm happy to see my Lightning among other participants:

Dishow 2006:

About my model. This is what I wrote for the contest:

And pictures:

2. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

As usual, I am totally blown away by your work on this model, Mindaugas!

Getting beyond the excellent build of the model itself (a true joy to see!), the illumination and diorama setting are superb! I love the way the map draps over the top of the kero can, really quite nicely done!

It is easy to see how this model won that contest, and I wouldn't be surprised if honors are bestowed in the dishmodels competition as well.

Thank you so much for sharing photos of your work with us once again!

3. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Wow, this is truly impressive! That cockpit illumination is da bomb!

4. Clashster

Clashster Member

Beautiful! Great looking diorama! And great pictures! Thanks!

5. JaCkyL

JaCkyL Active Member

Great work !
    I salute :twisted:
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Superb! Thanks for sharing!
  7. jakarant

jakarant New Member

Hey there! im currently working on a 3/4" - 1' guillows P-38L... but i cant find any decent pictures to get an authentic paint scheme from... anyone help a brother from another mother out?
  8. TLyttle

TLyttle New Member

Not a lot of paint on most P38s, all natural finish. Most of the rest were standard camo markings; pick a subject aircraft and go for it. Lots of sites on Google...
  9. jakarant

jakarant New Member

ya ive found some pic's.. just no details.. hard to get mirrored aluminum on tissue paper ;) will prolly go for glossy black with shark mouths on the fuslage's
  10. exzealot

exzealot Member

Very nice! The wheels and lg look realistic. Thanks for posting.

11. lriera

lriera Member

I specially like the close pictures and the lights on the panel.
    Great job. Thanks for sharing
  12. mikew

mikew Member

Very nice work on that model.
  13. PowerPlayGraphix

PowerPlayGraphix New Member

Wow... I don't have that kind of patience...

Beautiful work!