Flymodel C-130

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by modano1, Oct 25, 2005.

1. modano1

modano1 Member

I am looking into buying the Flymodel C-130 and was wondering if anyone knew what the dimensions of this model were (i.e. wingspan and length)?

Joseph D. Hodge
  2. the wing span is around about 36 inches from wing tip to wing tip give or take its along time since i looked at my kit and i reduced the scale for my model build :(
  3. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Im not sure but off hand looking at the kit its

Big x big x big

Ok Sorry for that but...
    I have it here and it says( I Dont know Polish)

Is that any good?

John John
  4. modano1

modano1 Member

You have the model, how does it look?????? Is it going to be worth the $40+

Im guessing that (Rozpietosc.....1225mmm) = wingspan 48 inches
    and (Dtugosc.........903mm) = length 35 inches

5. the model is AWWSUMMMM!!!! it is more then worth the price, you can build it with the ramp down with a fully detailed interior and flight deck, you can have the wing flaps and rudder set in various poistions if you wish, or you can uild it "stock" with the printed windows in stead. well worth the price:)
    and the danm bird is big i made a reduced sized to go with a few planes i reduced to 1/72 scale an it still looks to big:p
  6. popala

popala Member

Wingspan: 1225mm (48.27in)
    Length: 903mm (35.58in)
    Height: 354mm (13.95in)
  7. modano1

modano1 Member

Man is that a big model, cool!!!!

Thanks all,
    Joseph D. Hodge

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Modano,

Before you go and buy that one, if you havent already, you might look at NOBI's C 130 Hercules model. Its only $10 and can be downloaded instead of waiting on the mail. Anyway check out his site at there are several free models there of various types. Below are a few photos of his bird:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyway, have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  9. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Id agree with Gee...the Thai is a nice kit

The GPM is great, working flaps, doors, ramps..I think the Wheels can be opened and closed as needed...

The overall colour scheme is...ughhh Its the Lizard green mix and thats the only drawback...

Ive tried to scan it and got some done but I lost access to the A3 scanner so its back on the shelf now...

I did want to edit it to the coast gaurd scheme as that looks very cool...

John John
  10. modano1

modano1 Member

Thai it is, there are a few other models I would like to purchase from Nobi. I too am going to change the color scheme to U.S. Coast Guard, I will keep all informed how it turns out.

11. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hi guys,

These upper photos are Nobi's C-130 Hercules. While this is a Flymodel Hercules.

Yes, I agree that it has rather ugly interior, but it is not so bad. If you want, you can repaint it (problem: not everyone have A3 scanners and printers), but I offer to leave it as it is. I thought that such interior is ugly untill I saw a build here with that "ugly" interior. And then I realised, that it is not so bad. It even gives a better view and contrast of interior when watching through mini-windows.

And someone here said, that GPM has released C-130. Really? I don't think so. It seems that only Fly and Nobi has released this beauty.

So thats all. Good luck! ;-)
  12. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Wow...nice build...

John John
  13. rickstef

rickstef Guest

cool thing about that thread on our sister site is that they have a video clip of the props and lights coming on, and the cool part, they increased speed of the props to start the plane rolling down a coffee table.

that got me excited about paper models

14. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hey Rick,

Please give the exact link from . I want to see that movie :grin:

Thanks and good luck! ;-)
  15. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Waaayyyy too much time on their hands.....

John John
  16. Sniegoo

Sniegoo New Member

I didn't find that link (movie with C-130) ......but i've foud some pictures of that model - released by Fly Model:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

enjoy :)
  17. Sniegoo

Sniegoo New Member

& another ones...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

model made by Darek Profus from Poland -> his site English ver. available

Skala (scale) 1:33
    Długość (length) 798 mm -> 31 inches
    Rozpiętość (Wingspan) 1222 mm -> 48 inches