Flyer Flying!!!

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by 77railer, Jan 16, 2005.

1. 77railer

77railer Member

I set up a 6x8 oval layout in my shop tonight with the help of a buddy. Having to use a HO pack at the moment since the Flyer pack is fritzn on me, but I hope to have it fixed tomorrow. My poor 303 is barely moving with everything the HO pack can give,lol. But at least I get to watch them go around the track none the less. Just wanted to let everyone know who has been helping me along the way that progress is being made. I also sodered my first wires tonight....didnt workout so well but in the end they are stuck to the track and the train goes round...which is all that matters right? Everyone have a good weekend and give a holler.

2. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

Excellent. Glad to hear it. I successfully ran a Flyer off an HO transformer this summer but the track oval was much smaller, probably more like 4 feet by 4.5 feet. Maybe the slow speed is due to voltage drop and some feeder wires would help?
  3. acflyer322

acflyer322 New Member

Well if I were you I would get to Ebay and grab myself a nice 190 watt transformer you can get one cheap there , your 303 is a ac engine and HO is dc in time it will turn the armature black and eat up the brushes. Good luck with getting a good transformer.