Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by ekuth, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Sorry if this has already been asked/covered...

After watching the movie, I'm wondering if there are models available of the planes shown? I would imagine the Fokker Triwing, but how about the others?

Thanks! :-D
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Really depends on what detail level you want............... DeWaynes got some............both 1/33 and 1/50 all good!

Fiddler's Green has an entire CD on World War I aircraft...........ummm inexpensive!

Paperwarbirds has some really DETAILED planes...............ummmm well worth the price!

Can not go wrong with either.

3. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Got the dvd 2 days ago. Great movie. The bombers are cool. More stuff for my wish list.
  4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i have this movie also nice 1 but i like more the voldow paper movie

i just finsh to see the 10 parts of the brothers in arms by spilberg
    its just a graet movie about ww2

any 1 hear about the dam baster movie?
  5. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

I've seen the dam buster movie a few times on late night tv a few times. Very good. Saw Waldo Pepper years ago. Another great one.
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I got several of them from dewayne - super models! Gonna have to check the paperwarbirds site tho :)
  7. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Detail level?

Have you seen the stuff I build? The more detailed, the better. Now, for the aircraft ignorant, can you tell me exactly which planes are featured in the movie? That way I'll know what to look for.

Danka Schoen
  8. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Okay, after browsing around, I took the plunge and ordered the Fitter's model of the Spad VII-C-1 in 1:33 scale from DeWayne's site...

I figured it would be a good place to start.

Here's hoping I can make the transition from rockets/spacecraft to aircraft... :twisted:
  9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

The SPAD is a great plane to build :D but as for your 1st WW1 bird may I suggest a Neiuport 17, Siemens Shuckert, or perhaps a PFALZ D.III as they have a much easier strut and wing rigging set up. The SPAD has a lot of struts and a very complex rigging pattern.

It's great to see another WW1 builder in the making :D

Getter 1
  10. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

The Bad guys are flying the Fokker Dr. I. Try Sero Paper Warbirds at for a large selection of colors. The good guys were flying the Nieuport 17. You can buy several different Nieuport 17's from DCM at They also have a couple of Dr.I's there as well. Dewayne's site has a Nieuport 23 which was an improved version of the 17 in Russian markings. The 2 seater that the hero used to rescue the girl was a Sopwith 1-1/2 Strutter. I don't know if one of those is available anywhere.
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest