Fly your own ENTERPRISE ...

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by D-WHALE, Jul 26, 2008.

1. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I like it! :)
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I never thought an Enterprise would be aerodynamic enough to fly but... as someone puts it: "If you have enough thrust/weight ratio, you can make a brickwall fly!" :D
  4. MaxMadDog

MaxMadDog New Member

It´s a cool idea! It could be very fun. :thumb:
  5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Well, there goes my paycheck........
  6. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

I always thought the Galaxy class would make a good flying model (and Playmates did make a foam glider), I'm surprised they don't have a model of it.
  7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Well if you watch the video, the marketing guy says that they're working on models from all of the series, so the Galaxy sounds almost definite to me.

They should make the Romulan Warbird, its already a biplane and should fly pretty easily. It'd be nice if there was a Valdore too, again, probably easy to get in the air.

I'm going to have to buy one of these though.
  8. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Interestingly enough, the Galaxy class flies quite well backwards.
  9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I like Trek and I like the idea of R/C star ships, but these look c**p (sorry). I know they don't cost a lot, but it's time the 'toy' industry stopped taking advantage of trekkers/trekkies and made something better. Just search the internet for parkjets, there is a better looking one around. I'll try and find the link.

And this is not the first flyable enterprise/bird of pray, ESTES rockets made one in the late 80's /early 90's.
  10. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

The estes rockets didn't so much fly, as get shoved into the air. And they were parachute recovery. They never flew... I had a few of them (seems they always got broken)

And I think these look pretty good for prototypes. You have to consider motors, batteries, and aerodynamics..