Fly Model C-130 Hercules

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by marciano, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marciano

marciano New Member

I am planning to built this card model out of the scans as It was not possible to get original papermodel kit at any e-shop I am aware of. So the question would be: maybe anyone has it and could give me the physical measurement of papermodel kit sheets, or other option I could come with was to ask if anybody have seen this papermodel kit available at some shop in European Union region.

Thanks in advance for all replies.
  2. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Buy Nobi's 1/48 and enlarge it. This way you'll support the designers, and they can continue bringing new kits.
  3. paperpanzer

paperpanzer Member

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

50 bucks!

Buy five of Nobi's.............Oh wait.......... all you need is one so it would be just 10 bucks! Save the 40 for lots of other models! Nobi's C-130 could be scaled up, but even at 1/48 it's a big model!:grin:

5. rjm

rjm Member

To answer your original question, the pages measure 46 x 32 cm.
    This is larger than their usual A3 size. The model in 1:33 ( or is
    that 3x1:100 or 1:33.333?) is 122.5cm x 90.3 cm x35.4 cm.
    hope this helps. Bob
  6. charliec

charliec Active Member

7. marciano

marciano New Member

Thanks guys for replies, it was helpful to decide regarding this model. I decided to built the same Fly Model Hercules, but rescaled to 1/48 as it should fit on A3 paper to be printed out. I hope I will manage to start this quite soon and give a construction overview for everybody's attention and judgement call.

Kindest regards to everybody.
  8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Is this from the scans you have?
    If so, then I would advise you not to post pictures of the model, unless you can prove to me that you own a legitmate copy of the model.
    If not, I will not permit you to post any pictures of this build on this site.

9. marciano

marciano New Member

I will buy a legal copy of this model (I hope I will manage to get it) from some official papermodel trade shop and then scan-in, rescale it and built it. Is it O.K. or I shouldn't do this also??? I don't want to create any problem to anybody. If I will not get, than this thread will be useless and I will ask you to delete it.

Thanks for notification.
  10. rickstef

rickstef Guest

If you have a legitimate copy, you can scan it and build from the scans, keeping the original untouched, that is fine.

11. cygielski

cygielski Member

Would it be ok to buy the model, scan and build from the scan, and then resell the original? Keep in mind that the ultimate effect is the same as in building from a web-based scan. (I'm not trying to be funny, I really want to know.)
  12. rickstef

rickstef Guest

If you do that, then you need to destroy the copy you made

it is one of those unfair copyright issues, and keeping in with the rules of the site, i am not going to delve deeper into this.

There are other members on this and other sites who are better versed in the whole copyright discussion.

13. cygielski

cygielski Member

OK, thanks.
  14. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Just Buy Nobi's.

Support our designers!

Too Easy!

15. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

16. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

17. Gil

Gil Active Member

That's a excellent idea. I think you'll sell more at a larger scale. An Azrael gunship version would most likely be sensationally received...,

18. Brian Williams

Brian Williams New Member

i just bought your C-130 yesterday, and it's quite a cool model. i would be willing to purchase another one in a larger scale.
    (also your submarine of my favorite models)
  19. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

You right. It's back ordered. :oops: As for making your C-130 Bigger, I don't know. I think yours is big enough. I my self would like to see a cockpit if your going to modify it. But if you rescale it I will buy it. I love your work. I just whish I had more time to work on what I have. :cry:
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

A larger scale C-130............ If you design it Nobi........ I will buy!........ But I would really be more excited about an AC-130 in your 1/48 scale:grin: Oh and like Dave a few inside details............... for when I become a better modeler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.