Florescent Lights

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
You asked for comments...!

I agree with Jim - I would reduce the size of the upper housing. (It would be a monster outhouse, by the way :D).

Also, I would flip the whole thing over - I think the tapered part would look more logical at the bottom, rather than the top...

And a question - why does Kelso Timber and UP appear on the structure?

Andrew

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
MasonJar said:
You asked for comments...!

I agree with Jim - I would reduce the size of the upper housing. (It would be a monster outhouse, by the way :D).

Also, I would flip the whole thing over - I think the tapered part would look more logical at the bottom, rather than the top...

And a question - why does Kelso Timber and UP appear on the structure?

Andrew

Hehe, well guys you were right....it just didnt work! But it wasnt a lost cause.

To answer you question, Kelso Timber appeared on it because I was trying to figure a name for the sawmill area that this would be near. Luckily, I removed this structure last night and mounted stairs near the railing....now is is a perfect shack to serve the Kelso Timber company! :D

I like your idea about flipping it upside down...it would be way better.

I put the UP logo on since this would be servicing a UP train....this isnt accurate is is? UP wouldnt have anything to do with a coal tower?

Ok, you guys are right...that thing looked ridiculous LOL...oh well....its a learning experience! LOL

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
UP may put their name on it - it would coal their locos...! I would suspect that it would have their name, or none at all.

However, I doubt though that in the days gone by they would have sold advertising space on the tower to another business. (Compare that to today, where I read that a US airline is contempating selling ad space on barf bags... :rolleyes:.)

I don't think it was ridiculous - diving right in and trying things is a great way to learn. :thumb:

Andrew