Flex track...

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
OK, what are you guys paying on average for flex track? I will be using 100 flex and want to know if I am getting hosed or not. Thanks! :D

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you will be laying around 300 feet of track, you can get a pack of one hundred Atlas Code 100 NS flex track for $210 at Trainland.. That works out to $2.10 per section, plus a few bucks more for shipping. No sales tax since you are in AZ and they are in NY.

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
Since Trainland's website doesn't have a shipping calculator, I went to MB Klein's website and used theirs. According to MB Klein, for UPS Ground a 100pk. Atlas Flex Code 100 will cost around $15 to ship.

Shouldn't be much more at Trainland.. Give them a call and ask.

Good luck!

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
Oh by the way...

Trainland also sells Model Power flex track for much cheaper than Atlas, at $120 for a pack of 100. That works out to $1.20 for each 3-foot section (!). jawdrop

Apparently some guys over at the Model Railroader forum tried the Model Power flex track and found it to be very comparable to the Atlas, the only difference being the MP flex track is a bit stiffer: http://www.trains.com/TRC/CS/forums/956638/ShowPost.aspx

So you might want to consider those too. If you do order from Trainland, you want to call them up and ask and make sure the Model Power track is nickel silver (I didn't see them specify if it's NS or brass).

Hope this helps.

Flextrack pricing getting derailed

Not sure what your paying, but a good ballpark would be about $2.50 - $3.00 a piece retail (Atlas). If you buy a box of 100 pieces (300 feet) you should get pricing for qty, and most un-greedy vendors should bring that in for you at 20% off of retail. They all get 40%off from the distributor for atlas product, so this leaves them lots of room for markup and shipping.

Attachments

• 9302east.jpg
    9302east.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 93

Oreboat

Dec 24, 2006
Muskegon, MI
At my local hobby shop Atlas flex track is $2.10 for code 100. Pretty good price for such a small place. Another shop about 30 miles away gets just over $3 a peice.