Fleischmann VS LifeLike

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by BSquirle, Dec 30, 2002.

1. BSquirle

BSquirle New Member

I'm now running Lima and Fleischmann on one track and some people told me I have to make a second track separated from the one I run Lima and Fleischmann on too run LifeLike trains.

Is this true?
  2. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hi B and welcome aboard. I don't see what difference it would make unless your Lima and Fleischman trains are AC rather than DC powered. The Life Like trains use DC current. A freind of mine here in the US has some Fleischman locos and he runs them on DC current on the same tracks as his American locos. You didn't indicate weather your trains are HO or N scale but as far as I know the track standards are pretty much the same world wide.

By the way...I know that you are new to this board and didn't know this and I am not a moderator here, but animations aren't allowed here to conserve space for photo posting. You might want to change your avatar to a non-animated one. You can post a non animated avatar of up to 100X100. Thanks.
  3. BSquirle

BSquirle New Member

My trains are DC and HO scale.
    Thanks for the help!
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Also assuming that you are running standard two rail HO track. I have a fleischmann switcher that runs happily on the same track as LL and othe americano locos...