Flea Markets

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Finally found some trains at the flea market, got a box of HO for $5.00, 20 cars and 2 engines mostly Tyco & AHM. 6 cars went right in the trash but the rest are salvageable to rebuild, some real nice flat cars, 1 was Athearn just needed a truck. The two engines are going to the trash as soon as I take some parts off I need, the pick-up wipers, I need them to make the RS11 all wheel pick-up! -:thumb:
Also got some vehichles to fix up ala Fred and Shaygetz, and Fred I finally found some at the Family Dollar, too. -:)

Got a scanner for the computer real cheap and it works so now I can take pics and atleast scan the into the comp., then figure out how to post links or pics themselves. -:thumb:

F

Fred_M

Gasp, throw away? That's sacrilegious. Just get a bigger box. Fred

Sometimes you get lucky at places like that. I find trains fairly often; the biggest problem is price. I see everything from old Tyco HO sets to imported tinplate wind-ups in O or S but they're usually overpriced. "Train" and "thousands of dollars" seem to be synonymous in a lot of people's minds. Finding the scale you're after can be a problem too.

But the thrill of the chase is part of the fun, and the one time in, say, 5 that you find something worthwhile makes it worth it. To me, at least. So if I'm in the vicinity of a flea market or antique mall and have a few minutes, yeah, I'll stop.