Flatscreen monitors

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by wunwinglow, Apr 5, 2005.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I know, I know, sounds like I'm bragging, but I just treated the familly to a new17" flat screen monitor. its a cheap one, £150 from www.dabs.com. Acer AL1715. To be honest, I thought it was going to go straight on the kids old Pentium, but when Hilary my wife saw it, she demanded it go on our big PC, and the kids ended up with an old Sony CRT (which is also very good still, after 3 years)

Anyway, this Acer thingy is, well, ACE! 1280x1024, crisp as a razor, easily double the effective desktop area over the Sony, and easily the best monitor I have ever owned. And half the price! And 1/10th the power consumption! OK, it doesn't swivel, the in-built speakers sound like wasps in a tin can, but for looking at it is excellent. No duff pixels on mine, and Dabs delivered in 20 hours from placing the online order.

I'm one happy bunny right now!

Usual disclaimers, no commercial links with any parties, just a delighted customer.

Gets 5 scalpel blades out of 5 from me!

Tim P
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

Sounds like you can stop squinting now!

Squinty the Nobebook User, Gil

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Oh sure guys,

Brag about your toys lol. And here I sit thinking I am a high tech redneck typing away on my 1995 compaq presario "ETCH-A-SKETCH" with 48 mb of ram. Heck If i sneeze or look at it the wrong way I lose stuff lol.
    But thats ok I recently also got a new to me laptop lol, its portable, just like a real etch-a-sketch lol.

4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Welcome to Club Squinty...,