Flashing yellow beacon light......

Hello all, can anyone tell me who makes the yellow flashing beacon lights like you see on the roof of some of the BN locos? I have a couple locos i would like to add these too. Thanks! :wave:

Thanks shaygetz, that is real neat. Can that light be wired up to a decoder? Also, do you know who makes the actual yellow light houseing and the plate it sets on top of? Thanks!:thumb:

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
trainsteve2435 said:
Thanks shaygetz, that is real neat. Can that light be wired up to a decoder? Also, do you know who makes the actual yellow light houseing and the plate it sets on top of? Thanks!:thumb:

The simplest way to get the flasher would be to drill a hole in the cab, mount a Miniatronics 1.5 mm LED and attach it to one of your decoder's function outputs... most decoders offer a strobe function for lighting.

You can use one of the DA strobes and replace the plastic lens with the LED... but that might require some hacking.

shaygetz

trainsteve2435 said:

Oooops, not my 'puter so I don't have any pix...I use 3mm yellow ones from Radio Shack filed flat on top. They look great and cost very little. Details West make the beacon but I've found just painting the base of the LED silver does the trick for me. See one here...

http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=7133&highlight=free+freds