1. Model Subject: FJ-1 Fury 2. Scale: 1:33 3. Publisher and model number: PaperAviation.de 4. Designer: Martin Saenger 5. Distributor: available from PaperAviation 6. Downloaded locked .pdf Please refer to my First Impression review for additional comments: http://forum.zealot.com/t160015/ Now ¼ of the way through the build, I can say that my first impressions were accurate with three exceptions. First, the model does have a flame holder in the parts pack. Second, the kit provides complete fuselage and wing sections for those who wish to build the model wheels up. Finally, the wheel well and cockpit color looked fine on screen but was “off” when I had the kit printed at Kinko’s. It just goes to show the variation that can occur from printer to printer. Nevermind, there is lots of room for color interpretation on real aircraft owing to weathering and aging due to service. 1. As mentioned previously, Kinko’s printed my kit on what I thought was 110lb cardstock. The colors came out semi-gloss which is exactly what I was going to do anyway. However, the card was thicker and stiffer than the 110lb I purchased at Office Depot. More than that I cannot say. However, I think that extra stiffness and thickness lead to a construction problem with the nose wheel well assembly. 2. The fit of the parts is thus far perfect. I don’t mean close; I mean perfect. It is so good that I had some difficulty assembling the nose wheel well into the fuselage (most likely due to the thickness of the card) as indicated by the instructions. I just did a bit of trimming and everything fit. The body panels are detailed to the nines and every panel, inspection port, panel line, etc. lined-up perfectly with no added effort! 3. I generally stay away from jets because of their complex curves. But, I took the time to roll the body panels to attain complex curves. (See my Hunley build thread for instructions on how to do this: http://forum.zealot.com/t158996/). I am particularly pleased with the results thus far. 4. I spent a whole 12 hours fooling with the cockpit. “Out of the box,” the detailing is very nice, but I decided to spruce it up a bit with some added details which include: Simulated glass lenses on the instruments Rudder pedals (not included in kit) O2 hose (not included in kit) Scratch built restraint harness, window crank, gear actuator, throttle, joystick, and joystick boot (in lieu of kit parts) 3D knobs (punched from the kit and built up with card) 5. A bit of weathering and shadowing with oils and enamels finished the cockpit. 6. I’ll start on the center fuselage section next, following the recommended build sequence.