First Try

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by James Hover, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Hover

James Hover New Member

Hello, My name's Jim.
    I've been building paper models since I was eight--jeez, long time. I'm glad to finally find some people that enjoy the same hobby I do. So much for the introduction part; I'm not sure that this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to show everyone my latest build. I started designing this series because most of the game scenery I saw at the hobby shop was either way too expensive--or if affordable, far too cheesy. So heres my first attempt at gaming scenery.
  2. James Hover

James Hover New Member

This is an ashwaste firebase, primarily for 40K but can be used for any game you like. I started by making several different bases, once I put it up for download, builders will be able to choose their scenery base. I built up the base of the building at a 45 degree angle and then put in multiple supports.
    View attachment 7535

View attachment 7536

Attached Files:

3. James Hover

James Hover New Member

Attached Files:

4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold :) That loos pretty darn good so far! No input quite yet though :)
  5. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Welcome from your friend from Canada!
  6. gwssms

gwssms Member

Wow, nice looking artwork, Jim! Welcome, and thanks for the pics. Keep 'em coming!
  7. James Hover

James Hover New Member

glad to see some one is reading this
    my next step was the main door, I wanted something that looked like armored blast doors

I ran into some trouble with the tabs on this bit (cut the pockets too close)
    View attachment 7612 View attachment 7613 View attachment 7614
    but a fast CAD redraw and presto working pocket doors :)

Attached Files:

8. James Hover

James Hover New Member

The next step was the smaller curved sidewall, the inside wall proved to be a challenge. For this first attempt, I simply trimmed it, but went back later and redrew the interior wall for the beta version of the model--hopefully it will go better in the next build. But all in all, I'm pretty happy with this piece.
    View attachment 7615 View attachment 7616

View attachment 7617 View attachment 7618
    It was pretty late when I put this together, next time I'm going to have to be more careful with the assembly, the joins in the gunslit are a little rough.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.