first train with new digital camera

i just recently went digital with a nikon D60 18-55mm lense
i went to NewtonvilleOntario area.
hope you like first shots
the camera taks up to 10.1 something mega pixels
i shot theses at the highest res setting soi had to resize them for here so some things might be lost
Newtonville is a great palce to see trains, next time i hope to have more time and a scanner

Attachments

• train pictures 021b.jpg
    train pictures 021b.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 67
  • train pictures 011.jpg
    train pictures 011.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 59
  • train pictures 005a.JPG
    train pictures 005a.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 12
some other pics
i like the camera have to practice more with it, use to trains standing still at Smiths Falls, not the high speed they travel at in Newtonville area

Attachments

• train pictures 020a.JPG
    train pictures 020a.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 11
  • train pictures 002a.JPG
    train pictures 002a.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 8

RobertInOntario

Great pics! I enjoy rail fanning and taking pics, often with my 4-year-old son. We'll have to plan a trip to Newtonville some day -- we live in east-end Toronto so it shouldn't be too far. We've gone to Hamilton's Bayview Junction a couple times as well as the York Sub in east Toronto, and occasionally Toronto's Lake Shore Line.

My camera, which I bought in 2005, is only 5.5 so it must be great to have a 10.1 mega pixel camera!

Thanks,
Rob

i think it is some sort of leaser, CE something, i snapped the picture, i blew it up very large and could not tell the letters too clearly.
sorry no help here

Triplex

It's a CEFX SD9043MAC. Not the same scheme as their other power. CEFX AC4400CWs and SD40-2s (the latter don't show up here) are blue with two white diagonal stripes.

Interesting passenger consist: LRC coaches and an ex-Canadian dome. Haven't seen that one before.