First time posting even though member for some time ...

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by jcrespo, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcrespo

jcrespo Member

Hi from Georgia. Having recently retired, I now have time to devote to model building ... which I've always enjoyed.

Attached is a photo of Ed Bertschy's 1922 Fordson tractor which I built a while back but didn't have a good digital camera to capture a decent image. This model is based on Magnus Erikssons Fordson paper model and may be distributed with his permission only. I downloaded the plans on the web (I can provide details if needed) and I made some modifications to add realism: exhaust system, steering wheel, shift lever, etc.

My current project is a Bavarian S3/6 Steam Locomotive (CFM Verlag). The plans are good, but some items just don't have sufficient detail. For example, in order to fuild a more realistic frame I would like to have a drawing or photo of what the actual frame looks like. Trying to construct one "blind" is very difficult. Anyone out there have schematics?
  2. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Ooo, more pics please! Nice projects! And a belated welcome to the site. You have been hiding your light under a bushel! (Note the agricultural reference there....)

Tim P
  3. jcrespo

jcrespo Member

Additional picture

Ok Tim,

Here is the only other photo I've taken of this model.
  4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Where's the disc and harrow?

Beautiful and well executed model...., belated welcome to the managery and that includes more than just card models..., more pics of the locomotive please.

Not a demanding lot but horrifyingly curious, Gil
  5. jcrespo

jcrespo Member

Photos of locomotive

I've just begun the work on the locomotive and am still working out details to add to the frame. Having problems finding a source for drawings and/or photos of the frame itself so I can adjust the model. However, as soon as I begin working on the final version, I will begin a thread with step-by-step photos to show progress.

Thank you guys for the warm welcomes.

Meanwhile, here is a photo of what I'm trying to build:
  6. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Your model is a gem. I wish you were in LA so I could see it in person.

Jim Nunn
  7. gera

gera Member

Hi Jcrespo:

Beautiful Tractor............................I have a grandson who loves tractors. When I showed him yours a few minutes ago he gulped!!!!!! :D

Really nice work :shock:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.