first scratch build

Discussion in 'Gaming & Toys' started by aidangunn, Oct 4, 2010.

1. aidangunn

aidangunn New Member

I tried my hand at scratch building a tank for 40K. It didn't come out too bad (I think). It is an Imperial Guard Chimera from Elli Patoroch.Thanks to
    flOydski I may have a new hobby.... I will post pics of the painted model later.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      File size:
      147.4 KB
    • 002.jpg
      File size:
      138 KB
    • 003.jpg
      File size:
      172.5 KB
    • 004.jpg
      File size:
      139.8 KB
    • 005.jpg
      File size:
      135 KB
  2. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

I see that you are doing the white version. When it comes time to paint it, use auto primer gray or red and then you can paint your details over that. For the rivets, you have choices, small paper punched, Carpenters glue with a toothpick cut flat at the tip, Drill the holes with a pin in your dremel and use cut pinheads about 1/4 or less and glue them to the rivet locations. Have fun and see you around the forums.
  3. whiteknight06604

whiteknight06604 New Member

Nice Build.For my rivits I use "Gorilla Glue" it expands a bit as it dries and if my hand can stay steady for long enough The drop applied gets a nice round head apon drying.
  4. aidangunn

aidangunn New Member

thanks for the advice! i didn't do rivets on this one but I am planning on it for my next builds. i was thinking about 2mm plastic rod for rivets but i'm not sure.
  5. Fl0ydski

Fl0ydski Member

Good build!

I got to see the basic paint on it already and it looks like the real thing.

Looking forward to seeing it finished mate!