First run

plbab

Mar 21, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Well after a mad dash to the hobby shop and some fast track laying tonight was the inital run of my model RR. Nothing much a oval to start 1 engine and 1 car but it worked...... Thanks for all your help in answering all the questions i had. Now the next set of questions will begin. what a good feeling to see that engine move for the first time.................

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Well, you've gone & done it!
Sounds like you're hooked...
Welcome to the club! :D
And yes, one requirement is that you report in with regular updates!
Oh yeah, one more thing...Have lots of fun!!

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Hot dang plbab!

You're too late now friend. It's now in your blood!:D .
Nice feelin though huh? No more back and forth over a yard of straight track, it's "open that throttle an' let her go" from now on.
But hey! .... Theres bunches more to come yet .... get stuck in there!

Errol

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Me too. I finished the canyon loop on my 7 x 12 layout, and just had an older UP engine running around and around. When I was pleased with the performance, I invited the wife in. Promptly thereafter, the kitten came in too, but fortunately she didn't do anything stupid. I think I'm gonna have to keep a squirt bottle handy and teach her not to jump on the layout.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Do it alone...late at night... after everyone's asleep!!:D That way nobody laughs because you forgot to plug the power pack in:eek: Then after you are satisfied that things are going to work, wake 'em all up and "herd" them into the layout room for the first run!!! Be sure to say...."WOW!!! IT WORKED THE FIRST TIME":D :D :p :p