First look at the new sawmill

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Dec 10, 2002.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Here's the start of the new sawmill I have been working on for the past couple of weeks, this is the inside with all the brand new machinery in place. Next job is to weather it down quite abit and a general mess up inside (Sawdust etc). Now working on the roof side of it, will post photo when it's complete and lighted.

2. gerry m

gerry m Member

I'm constantly amazed at how fast you keep producing these miniature works of art Shamus!

Looking at all the machinery in the new sawmill, I think to myself that it would take months to just build the details, never mind the main structure!

What's your secret Shamus? How do you produce such high-quality work so fast? Are you at your layout 14 hours per day, seven days a week?

Great work!
  3. Chessie

Chessie Member

Shamus is this replacing the mill on your new layout?
    This is looking outstanding, by the way where do you find that equipment.
  4. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

5. Shamus, this is just excellent! I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished mill... because then you can start on one for me!:p :D :D

Are the castings from CHB? They're really good looking and clear of defects.
  6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Damn !!!! OUTSTANDING!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
  7. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Your craftsmanship is truly amazing Shamus. Your attention to detail shows you have patience not of this world my friend.

Any logging museum would be proud to have that as part of their display.

8. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

I need 5,000 linear ft. of hickory flooring,.. yesterday.
    That should put some wear on the machinery and give you a big pile of sawdust. :D

What a Gem!!

9. interurban

interurban Active Member

You sure have put a lot of time and thought into the saw mill Shamus.

We are on hold in anticipation:)

10. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Another masterpiece, old friend!
    Simply stunning!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  11. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

All the above. It continues to amaze me how you accomplish so much with such ease. What a motivator:) :) :)
  12. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

In the '50s and '60s we had John Allen.

Now we have Shamus.

It's really great to have such inspired leadership.

Bill S
  13. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

all of the above and then some ,a real artist at work :eek: :eek: :eek: rich
  14. marty w.

marty w. Member

I second that. Excellent. The detail is :eek: WOW:eek:
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  15. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Gang, Many thanks for the compliments, all the machinery was in fact kits from “Keystone”, they take quite a lot of time and effort to make up and paint, but they are a work of art. I guess I shall now have to dirty them all down now and add a great deal of mess and sawdust. Are well, it’s got to be done.

16. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

And the little plastic folk chanted: SHAMUS SHAMUS SHAMUS SHAMUSHAMUS :D :D :D
  17. Railery

Railery Member

Nice :cool: Yep u take all that time and patience to paint that machinery , and it does look excellent, when along u could have just thrown a brush of grease all over it :D Got to love it.
  18. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I thought I recognized that bandsaw ! Nice work !! I haven't started on a sawmill yet, so all this detail information is great!
  19. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Just super great work so far, can hardly wait for the finished product. What is the link to Keystones products?:eek: :eek: :eek:
  20. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

We can always expect the BEST from you Shamus my friend. The detail is awesome. I wonder how long it will be before the chain loses its gilt.