First Lay Out Table

granpa

Dec 19, 2006
Rio Vista, CA.
Well here it is,.. and it folds up. [Murphy Style?] Now some thinking on my part as how to fasten the accessories to the table. [NO GLUE!] I may have to make my own clamps to hold everything down. It's 5'X7' and I have 10" clearance from table top to wall when folded. No wiring will be exposed when folded. [Double bottomed] Also making removable siding panels that will be installed at each end of table for scenery. I already feel I need to expand my room,....

Enjoy,.

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 105
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 106
  • table.jpg
    table.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 106

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Looks like a great start!
5x7 isn't a lot of room to run O/O27 trains on but with a little creativity, you can come up with some pretty interesting layouts. Check out ThorTrains.Com for some great inspiration for doing larger gauge track layouts in smaller spaces.

granpa

Dec 19, 2006
Rio Vista, CA.
Thanks Cannonball,.. I wish I had a room 20x30, but this is what I have. The grandson can't understand why Granpa can't get this finished sooner! I'll check out that site, I need all the help I can get!!

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Cool concept and when you get right to it there is a lot of room to run trains. HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! You’re a Steelers fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[FONT=&quot]My feeling is that anytime you can make a train go forward or backup there is enough room. My girls thought for a long time that simple 0-27 track around the Christmas Tree was the greatest train layout.

Have fun GP and keep laying the track.
[/FONT]