First card model

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by Texman, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Texman

Texman Guest

Howdy ya'll,

Here is my 7 (almost 8 he says) year old son's first cardmodel. The model
    came from Ryan over at Daisy Designs. The only help from dad was
    instructional (and the pics).

May be starting a modelling desk for him. He has already asked to build

Attached Files:

2. mikew

mikew Member

Good deal. I hope he gets plenty of enjoyment out of what may turn out to be his next hobby. It is nice to see kids starting hobbies that don't involve electronic games or computers.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Tex and son,

I just wanted to say that for a first model, He did really well! I am sure we all look forward to more photos of his next model and all that follow.
    And just think as he gets older and has several "under his belt", he can look forward to trying his hand at some designs of his own.
    Anyway, again, I just wanted to say Congratulations on a great build and we look forward to more in the future.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  4. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

somewhere in the world there is a tiny bell i usually frown upon parents passing an addiction to their progeny but in this case, you've made my day. great build. cheers, c.b.
  5. modelincard

modelincard Member

Only until he finds this site... :twisted: :grin:

But seriously, good luck to him.
  6. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

yeah, yeah,

congratulation to your son - keep on building :)

greetings from austria
  7. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Fine build there! Nice clean lines, edges look like they are colored, no visible glue mess. Dang, your son does a better job than I do! :grin:
    Do pass on a "well done" to him and keep up the good work.
    Looking forward to his first build thread :twisted:
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Ray,

That's looks fantastic! Few more years and he'll be giving us tips! But I think he need to build more planes, I need some advice!

Great job!

Really nice.
  10. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Nice one, Texman Jnr! I'll try a get my kids to finish a couple too. Hey, do we have the makings of a competition here? Just a thought...

Tim P
  11. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Kudos to your son. Nice looking model for his first build.[​IMG]
  12. hpept

hpept Member

Hello Texman! Really nice work. Are you sure that you only gave advices? :grin: I'm joking, you have a very skilled son, just give him time to refine his abilities and he will fight with you to build the models in your place. I'm experiencing this with my 3 and a half years old son: when he sees me working he always wants a pair of scissor to cut a piece of paper. Of course he's too young to build something, but he already knows how to pour the glue out of the tube and stitch some papers together and to cut paper without cutting his fingers. These small people are really amazing8).
  13. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

My "inner" child is jealous!!! That model looks 100 times better than the first cardmodel I built, and I was 14 then.