First attempt on Rhino

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by NOBI, Dec 26, 2004.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

HI There,

This is my first attempt of Rhino's design from me. all is doing in Rhino begin with doing mesh and end with unfold job as picture below...

can anyone ID this aircraft? another game after christmas
  2. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

for me its looks like a spitfire
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Tempest Mk II
  4. charliec

charliec Active Member

Mmmm... 5 bladed propeller - that's pretty rare in production. I thought initially it was a very late model Spitfire. But the wing planform looks much more like a Hawker Tempest - with the inwardly retracting undercarriage and
    the 5-bladed prop - Hawker Fury?

5. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

i'm with charliec...the kit seems to have a lot of fury parts... the shape of the wing plus horizontal tail are pretty characteristic. the only thing that confuses me a bit is the shape of the vertical tail and also i can't find the assymetrical air intakes on the wing roots, but than again, sometimes it's very difficult to picture what some things will look like when they're build.

so i'd say one of the hawker fury prototypes maybe?
  6. Atomsk

Atomsk Member

Supermarine "Spiteful?"

Nope, just saw the round cowling. Looks like a Fury all right.
  7. barry

barry Active Member

I'll go for a Sea Fury NOBI

8. Texman

Texman Guest

Yup, Sea Fury... At least thats what the picture says

Ray "I took the easy way"
  9. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Ouch! That hurt - again!

Ray, you old son of gun, that's the second time you've pulled that stunt. Remember my enthusiasm about Tonino's B17, and the make of it (Fly Models), me not even having read the captions properly?

Happy New Year everyone (we're going away for a week).

10. Gil

Gil Active Member

I'm curious why you're showing the model in Metasequoia when it was executed in Rhino. Was the unfolding done in Rhino or Pepakura?

Best regards, Gil
  11. Atomsk

Atomsk Member

Dude, time to hit the ol' eye-doctor's again. That's a Rhino screenshot, not Metaseq.

I wrote a tutorial on Rhino unwraping a few days ago. Either Nobi had this model ready to go, or he's a much faster model developer than I am.

Just out of professional curiosity, how did you get the panel lines and markings on the unfolded pieces, in Rhino?
  12. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Gil : i use Rhino in this model not a metaseq :D i do all in Rhino until unfold job recieve.

Atomsk : i use function "curve to project" to draw a panel line and that panel line can unroll with surface too. i will do a tutorial for "curve to project" when i have time :)

yes lunarhighway that seafury must have an air intake in both wing but im not doing it :D i must learn more on Rhino before :D and now time to celebrate new year festival with 1/48 Hawker Seafury please go to this thread
  13. Gil

Gil Active Member

Now that I squint at it you're right ..., it's Rhino!

Best, Gil
  14. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

that's a good looking model!, i'll build it some day maybe next year ;)...i finally figured out how to heatform canopies, so buble tops are no longer an obstacle:)

thanx a lot!