First attempt at weathering

Dakota train

This is my first attempt at weathering after seeing the tutorial from deano. It is a quick and easy way of weathering.hamr I'm going to have my two year old son do the next one with me. He's such a train nut already.train97 Trucklover, I see you started a thread using the same technique, you got awesome results with it. Specially love the coal cars. I don't intend on taking away from your thread, just wanted to show my work.:wave:

Attachments

• train pics 001.jpg
    train pics 001.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 181
  • train pics 002.jpg
    train pics 002.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 187
  • train pics 003.jpg
    train pics 003.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 177
  • train pics 004.jpg
    train pics 004.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 179
  • train pics 005.jpg
    train pics 005.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 173

Dakota train

Good eye. This piece was not dullcoated at the time of photo shoot, but is now. This car is rolling stock from my two year olds collection. Figured I'd practice on his before mine. I hope he doesn't care that I did this.sign1

UP SD40-2

Dakota train said:
This is my first attempt at weathering after seeing the tutorial from deano. It is a quick and easy way of weathering...
Dakota train:wave:, WOW!, looks GREAT for your first time!:thumb: :D and just think, every car you do, it gets even EASIER, and BETTER then the last!;) :D i have added 1 more small installment to the weathering post, it can be found on p28 called "Alternate weathering". you may/may not want to check it out;) . Dakota train, i am HONORED, that you have tried my "EASY" method:D , YOU are doing GREAT!:thumb: THANKS!:D -Deano

Dakota train

My boy wasn't to happy that I weathered his car. He wanted to get even with me, when I asked him if he wanted to paint another one of his cars. He said no!! :mad:He wanted to paint my white soo line covered hopper. It took some convincing to paint his Sante Fe caboose. But I got him to give. So we started on it. He had fun getting to paint his own car.

Attachments

• train pics 012.jpg
    train pics 012.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 124

UP SD40-2

sign1 Dakota train, NICE PIC!:thumb: enjoy the times you have with your son now:thumb: . my son is a teenager, and those precious times like you are having now, have falling short, now his friends and video games are more important:( . happy weathering!:thumb: :D -Deano

MilesWestern

Splendid job on that ACY boxcar! From toy to prototype in a matter on minutes! And might I say that that does look good. :thumb: perhaps a bit 'o rust too, on the trucks and streaks off the handrails?